Hasegawa 1/20 Ma.K Grosser Hund

Started by MichelC, April 13, 2015, 03:12:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MichelC

Quote from: Captain Canada on November 21, 2015, 12:46:59 PM
That looks like an excellent tutorial....lots of progress pics for us that want to learn please !

:cheers:

Yes, a very good book with excellent techniques. It is slanted towards selling AMMO products, which is only natural. But the same results can be obtained with enamels and oils. I hear there are vids on YouTube where the same techniques are being demonstrated. I haven't seen them myself but they must be worth checking out.

M

MichelC

After a coat of primer and pre-shading:

Mr. Surfacer 1200 and Gunze Olive Drab for the shading.

Laying down the base coat is in progress.

M

MichelC

Is there a better way to start Sunday than with a good coffee and a session of mottling?  :)

In keeping with the Wehrmacht colors, this is RLM 82 (Gunze)

ChernayaAkula

A big SAR dog? Needs to have a little barrel of rum 'round its neck!  ;D  :drink:
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

MichelC

Rum? Schnapps? You guys taken a look at the camo? A tank of good ol' H2O's more like it! ;D

M

ChernayaAkula

Yeah, well, I'm not sure you got the camo scheme right. Big SAR dogs seem to have white lowers with reddish/tan camo spots on the flanks and upper side, plus black detailing on the head. And definitely a barrel of rum or schnapps 'round their neck.

Here's a pic:

;D
Cheers,
Moritz

Must, then, my projects bend to the iron yoke of a mechanical system? Is my soaring spirit to be chained down to the snail's pace of matter?

zenrat

I thought it was Brandy in the barrel.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

MichelC

Quote from: ChernayaAkula on December 04, 2015, 04:23:33 PM
Yeah, well, I'm not sure you got the camo scheme right. Big SAR dogs seem to have white lowers with reddish/tan camo spots on the flanks and upper side, plus black detailing on the head. And definitely a barrel of rum or schnapps 'round their neck.

Here's a pic:

;D

Haha, the pic doesn't show but yeah, I get the idea. Guess I have to strip the paint and start from the beginning!  :blink: ;D

BTW, I'm not getting notifications anymore of new posts. Is that my problem of the forum's?

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2015, 02:23:12 AM

Traditionally it is, but since the service has been privatised they go to the highest bidder  ;D

Quote from: MichelC on December 05, 2015, 03:38:39 AM
BTW, I'm not getting notifications anymore of new posts. Is that my problem of the forum's?

May be the site. There is a problem with notification of PM's for some people. Tom is looking into the whole area of where the site goes "service" wise at the moment. News in the new year about planed improvements  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

MichelC

Quote from: NARSES2 on December 05, 2015, 05:48:47 AM
Quote from: zenrat on December 05, 2015, 02:23:12 AM

Traditionally it is, but since the service has been privatised they go to the highest bidder  ;D

Quote from: MichelC on December 05, 2015, 03:38:39 AM

May be the site. There is a problem with notification of PM's for some people. Tom is looking into the whole area of where the site goes "service" wise at the moment. News in the new year about planed improvements  :thumbsup:
Thanks, NARSES2. If it may help: I've stopped receiving notifications a couples months ago.

M

MichelC

Post-shading of the crosses:

Painting of the details. I used Vallejos, Vallejo Air metalics and inks in places as well as graphite powder for some of the metallic finishes.

M

NARSES2