Flyer's Yak 15

Started by zenrat, April 17, 2015, 02:46:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Before we went off on our road trip I received a box in the post from Flyer.
Brad sent me a flat packed RC  PDRV Yak 15 he had built from scratch.
I assembled it today using the instructions he wrote and managed to get it into flying shape without breaking anything.
Tools required were a roll of sticky tape and a pair of scissors (to cut the tape).
I need to get batteries for it but tests down the back yard have shown it to glide straight and level.  Something I suspect is due solely to Brad's work and nothing to do with my building.

Awesome is an overused word these days but in this case it is applicable as I am in awe of anyone who can build a flying model from scratch, test it, cut it up for flat packing, write instructions and reassemble it, test it again, take it part again and post it to an unsuspecting recipient.
Brad, I owe you.  This is probably the best unexpected parcel I have ever received.

Fred
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Flyer

"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

PR19_Kit

Brilliant, love the look of it and as it flies well too it's even more impressive.  :thumbsup:

I hope you've got a larger flying field nearby.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

There's a footie oval* at the end of the street.  I plan to go fly it there.
It's called Citation Oval because it was where medal citations were read out to US troops in WW2 (including those whose stories were used as the basis of the Pacific TV series).

* ground for playing australian rules football.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

Wow...that is incredible ! Way to go guys....stories like this always bring a smile. And it amazes me too !

:wub: :bow: :party:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Interesting!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on April 17, 2015, 02:46:46 AM
RC means Radio-Controlled? PRDV means...? in French: Pôle Ressources Déficients Visuels = Department to help blind people finding work... Poor blind people, unable to love your Yak15 nice lines... :-\
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

NARSES2

PDRV I assume means Peoples Democratic Republic of Vietnam Tophe
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Flyer

Quote from: Tophe on April 21, 2015, 08:54:01 AM
Interesting!  :thumbsup:

Quote from: zenrat on April 17, 2015, 02:46:46 AM
RC means Radio-Controlled? PRDV means...? in French: Pôle Ressources Déficients Visuels = Department to help blind people finding work... Poor blind people, unable to love your Yak15 nice lines... :-\

PDRV Yak 15
"I'm a precisional instrument of speed and aromatics." - Tow Mater.

"People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing all day." - A. A. Milne.

NARSES2

Sorry Tophe I gave you a dodgy steer
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Fred