Harrier GR.9A of the Portuguese Marines

Started by DogfighterZen, April 19, 2015, 07:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DogfighterZen

Quote from: PR19_Kit on February 01, 2017, 02:27:39 PM
That looks VERY smart indeed! A great modelling job there.  :thumbsup:

I'm not sure if it'd had managed a VTO with that loadout though, that's all the weapons in all the sizes.  ;D

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 01, 2017, 03:01:47 PM
Ahhh yes!! It WAS worth the wait!!  Excellent work, bud! Man that turned out good...  Seems your new wares worked out just fine.

Them stores look nice, too; she's a predator. . .    :wacko: :wacko:

NOW,...... I heard me something about Cats 'n Carriers?!?  I can't wait to see this Portuguese Hellcat.   :o :mellow: :mellow: :mellow:

Thanks, guys! :bow: Glad you like how it turned out, i'm pretty happy with it myself! :drink:
Kit, my idea was just a normal STO config, not for VTO, i also don't believe it could do it with all the boom bags, go-get'em sticks and big brother eyes hanging off of it... ;D
Looking back on this build, i guess i could've done a better job on some seam lines, some are still showing... but i guess it's better that what i expected to achieve, i used a bit more weathering with the AK Blue/Grey panel liner and Humbrol smoke pigment and i think it came out ok. More experiences with this in the future. :thumbsup: But the quality of the kit helps a lot, the fit is very good on most parts, good on the rest, detail is probably not the best but it's good enough for me and for the price i paid for it. I think i'll have to buy a few more, probably the FRS.1, FA2 and maybe even the ugly nosed GR3... ;D
About the Hellcat, i'm afraid you'll have to wait a bit, i still have to chose which kit i should buy... :rolleyes: ;D

:cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

zenrat

Excellent.  You've done a great job there.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Snowtrooper

Nice.

And you've done right with the loadout, if it's a mud-mover, the model should always be loaded to the brim, MTOW be damned ;D Empty hardpoints mean the model is incomplete :wacko:

DogfighterZen

Thanks, guys! Your words are much appreciated! Glad you like it! :bow:
And yes, i feel the same way, if it's a mud-mover, it should be loaded up as much as possible... And i just couldn't let this bird fly without a minimum air to air loadout, every fighter should have some means of self-defense, and i'm not talking of ECM or chaff and flares...  ;D

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

strobez

I really like it.  I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a Harrier, so it's to see a job well done.

If you're thinking about a Hellcat in 1/72, I recommend you try the Airfix new tool... that way you can tell me if I should buy one.  :wacko:
Thanks!

Greg

DogfighterZen

Glad to know you like it, guys! Thanks! :bow:

Quote from: strobez on February 02, 2017, 03:00:46 AM
If you're thinking about a Hellcat in 1/72, I recommend you try the Airfix new tool... that way you can tell me if I should buy one.  :wacko:

Will check it out, haven't seen it yet, thanks for the tip! :thumbsup:

TheChronicOne

Quote from: strobez on February 02, 2017, 03:00:46 AM
I really like it.  I'll admit, I'm a sucker for a Harrier, so it's to see a job well done.

Oooh damn right! I want one too, great idea. 
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

I've been looking for a new tool F6F Hellcat from Airfix but all i can find is the old kit, of which i already built one...

One of my earliest, the 3rd model i've ever finished, painted with the hairy stick, and built in flight to fly around the house in dogfights against the Airfix Zero... :rolleyes: ;D

Now, i think that maybe there's some confusion about the type of cat... I know that Airfix has a new tool F4F Wildcat and the F4U but i can't find anything on a new tool 1/72 F6F Hellcat... Maybe i'm looking in the wrong place or with the wrong name? :unsure:

NARSES2

The recent Airfix tooling is of the Wildcat/Martlet
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

Rats!! I was looking forward to a new tool Hellcat.  I built one about .... 1992 or 1993 or so. It was a Testors in the 4 piece WWII birds set. No gear or anything...  Neat lil models but I'd like something a bit more substantial. 
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

Quote from: NARSES2 on February 03, 2017, 06:23:03 AM
The recent Airfix tooling is of the Wildcat/Martlet

Quote from: TheChronicOne on February 03, 2017, 08:19:04 AM
Rats!! I was looking forward to a new tool Hellcat.  I built one about .... 1992 or 1993 or so. It was a Testors in the 4 piece WWII birds set. No gear or anything...  Neat lil models but I'd like something a bit more substantial.

Yup, me too, the Airfix kit was fun but i want to build one with the experience and tools i have now.
Thanks for the confirmation, Chris. :thumbsup: I thought that was the case, so i've been thinking about an Eduard or Cyber Hobby kit, just have to check prices and see what's my best option.

NARSES2

The Eduard kit is very nice and there are lots of boxings of it. You can pick it up at a good price

DogfighterZen

Yup, i've read a review of a build of both the CH and Ed, although i like the detail on the CH kit better than the Ed kit, the price difference is significant... :o
I can get the Profipack Ed F6F-5 kit for just around 15 Euros, shipping included while the CH F6F-3 kit costs almost twice as much... but it's the edition with a carrier deck section in the box... something i'd like to have, would make a nice base for pics of other models too...  :rolleyes:
Oh well, budget's short for now, but i've also been thinking of buying a few others like the Freedom Models 1/48 F-20C, Trumpeter's 1/72 Mig-29 SMT and SU-33D... And that will take quite a few Euros...   :banghead:
Anyway, the idea is never lost, i've got most of the models i wanna build for my alternative history of the Portuguese armed forces so there's plenty of time to chose which kit to buy and for money to flow into my account...  ;)

TheChronicOne

What's the word on that Midg 29 SMT?  I've been meaning to pick up a  Fulcrum for some time now to make as the last East German figther.  From my research the Italeri is the most accurate and all that. I have to admit I don't know what "SMT" is and I dont know which version the Last East German Fulcrum was either.   
-Sprues McDuck-