Group Builds - suggestions please

Started by NARSES2, April 23, 2015, 07:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

'67 - a good year.
If you haven't already read it The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test by Tom Wolfe covers the pranksters and is worth a look.  Which then leads you into Hell's Angels by Hunter S Thompson and Hell's Angel by Ralph 'Sonny' Barger.  Three different views of the same period and in some cases the same events.
Magical Mystery Tour was also 1967.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Weaver on April 27, 2015, 02:46:03 AM
The Make It Faster GB. Take any vehicle and modify it to increase it's speed. Obviously I was thinking about military aircraft (I make a note in my diary on the rare occasions that I'm not thinking about military aircraft...) but it would work just as well for land vehicles and ships as well. Not limited to military stuff either: modifed cars, speedboats etc....

I immediately thought of a Sherman tank without tracks, large dragster type wheels on the back, small wire wheels on the front and some BIG exhaust headers poking out the sides.  ;D :lol: :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Bungle

My two pence worth.... at a club many moons ago that no longer exists we did a GB based on the Modellers surname. The model had to be finished in the colours of a country starting with the first letter of your Surname and the not associated with that country in real life. An added 'difficulty' was that the model represented also had to start with a letter in your surname.

For example my surname is Fraser therefore I chose a Supermarine Spitfire in Finnish trim. It was known as the 'InMyName GB'.

:unsure:
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on April 26, 2015, 04:26:08 PM
Sounds like we need a poll.

Read the very first post. I deal with it all there.

Poll will be up around 7th May
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitbasher

Quote from: Bungle on April 27, 2015, 05:25:46 AM

My two pence worth.... at a club many moons ago that no longer exists we did a GB based on the Modellers surname. The model had to be finished in the colours of a country starting with the first letter of your Surname and the not associated with that country in real life. An added 'difficulty' was that the model represented also had to start with a letter in your surname.

For example my surname is Fraser therefore I chose a Supermarine Spitfire in Finnish trim. It was known as the 'InMyName GB'.

:unsure:

Nice idea.  Now name a colour beginning with 'D' (and damsen is fruit/jam flavour, not a colour) and I'm up for it.
What If? & Secret Project SIG member.
On the go: Beaumaris/Battle/Bronco/Barracuda/F-105(UK)/Flatning/Hellcat IV/Hunter PR11/Hurricane IIb/Ice Cream Tank/JP T4/Jumo MiG-15/M21/P1103 (early)/P1154-ish/Phantom FG1/I-153/Sea Hawk T7/Spitfire XII/Spitfire Tr18/Twin Otter/FrankenCOIN/Frankenfighter

Bungle

Quote from: kitbasher on April 27, 2015, 10:48:53 AM
Nice idea.  Now name a colour beginning with 'D' (and damsen is fruit/jam flavour, not a colour) and I'm up for it.

Ok    .... Dark blue  ;D
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

scooter

Quote from: Bungle on April 27, 2015, 12:00:40 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on April 27, 2015, 10:48:53 AM

Ok    .... Dark blue  ;D

Dandelion, Daffodil, Denim  :wacko:
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

Weaver

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

I will be consolidating the suggestions and sorting the vote out next Thursday....hopefully
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

Super heroes vehicles- car,boat and plane.

kerick

Quote from: NARSES2 on April 29, 2015, 06:35:33 AM
I will be consolidating the suggestions and sorting the vote out next Thursday....hopefully

I really appreciate the work you guys put into doing these kinds of things.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Quote from: McColm on May 01, 2015, 06:01:10 PM
Super heroes vehicles- car,boat and plane.

Yes.  I might even make a start on that Bat-Ute i've been planning.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Right I will be starting to sort the poll out tomorrow. That does not mean it will go up tomorrow however, but it will be up shortly after.

So far there are 22 suggestions. Now that is after I have excluded a couple because I just can't see how they would be policed and I've combined a couple of similar ideas so there are a lot of suggestions in there. To be honest I really can't see one or two of them taking off as they are so narrow but they will be in the poll as I could be completely wrong  :blink:

However I only have two prospective moderators. If you want GB's lads you have to help with running them. You cannot expect the same people to do it time and time again. I've said before and I'll reiterate it now : moderation doesn't take much time at all it just requires a little commitment. You enjoy the site so give a little back please.

The first GB will go ahead (the poll winner) but any more this year depend on moderators.

BTW the fact the poll will start the same day as the UK General Election is held is pure coincidence  :blink:

scooter

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2015, 06:50:30 AM
BTW the fact the poll will start the same day as the UK General Election is held is pure coincidence  :blink:

Will it be proportional representation or single member district in the event of ties?  ;D :lol:

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng