Group Builds - suggestions please

Started by NARSES2, April 23, 2015, 07:09:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Quote from: scooter on May 06, 2015, 07:06:05 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on May 06, 2015, 06:50:30 AM
BTW the fact the poll will start the same day as the UK General Election is held is pure coincidence  :blink:

Will it be proportional representation or single member district in the event of ties?  ;D :lol:

Good old first past the post mate  ;D - Although in this case we will have a 1.2.3.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Modelling_Mushi

However I only have two prospective moderators. If you want GB's lads you have to help with running them. You cannot expect the same people to do it time and time again. I've said before and I'll reiterate it now : moderation doesn't take much time at all it just requires a little commitment. You enjoy the site so give a little back please.

I'm willing to have a go at being a moderator, I'll need some (a heck of a lot?) of tips and I will be totally out of circulation in September / early October, but if that's no barrier then sign me in  ;D
Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio

Go4fun

Crossing lines, what about Air/Land builds? Part aircraft part tank/APC/Auto/truck/train/etc.?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

Weaver

So far there are 22 suggestions. Now that is after I have excluded a couple because I just can't see how they would be policed and I've combined a couple of similar ideas so there are a lot of suggestions in there. To be honest I really can't see one or two of them taking off as they are so narrow but they will be in the poll as I could be completely wrong  :blink:

Narrow focus is not neccessarily a bad thing if the subject is popular. Look at car/bike racing for an analogy: you can have totally open formulas where, technically, anything goes, you can have one-make formulas where every vehicle is identical, or you can have anything in-between, and all produce good and entertaining racing if properly organised.

Also, what is the metric for deciding whether a GB is "successful" or not? Is it the number participating, or the quality of the models produced? If you have a GB where only six members enter but four produce outstanding models, should that be judged a "failure"?

However I only have two prospective moderators. If you want GB's lads you have to help with running them. You cannot expect the same people to do it time and time again. I've said before and I'll reiterate it now : moderation doesn't take much time at all it just requires a little commitment. You enjoy the site so give a little back please.

I'll moderate if you like. I've done it over on BTS recently and it's no big deal.

"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

crudebuteffective

Remember, if the reality police ask you haven't seen us in ages!
When does "old enough to know better" kick in?

PR19_Kit

I'll volunteer to moderate too. I'm rarely able to join in a GB so moderating would do me OK.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Right firstly thanks for the offers of moderation, they are duly noted  :thumbsup:

Quote from: Weaver on May 06, 2015, 08:49:07 AM

Narrow focus is not neccessarily a bad thing if the subject is popular. Look at car/bike racing for an analogy: you can have totally open formulas where, technically, anything goes, you can have one-make formulas where every vehicle is identical, or you can have anything in-between, and all produce good and entertaining racing if properly organised.

Also, what is the metric for deciding whether a GB is "successful" or not? Is it the number participating, or the quality of the models produced? If you have a GB where only six members enter but four produce outstanding models, should that be judged a "failure"?

I agree narrow focus is not necessarily a bad thing so maybe I should have used the word "niche" which again is not a bad thing just unlikely in my view to attract much interest. I may well be wrong however.

Success ? The main measure in my view is enjoyment. However the larger the number of people in the GB then the more likely is it that more people have enjoyed it.

Anyway we could discuss these things for ever and there are other places for that.

I'll lock this now and the poll will go up latter today, hopefully

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.