Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

zenrat

These look good Eric but IMO you really need to use a white undercoat before you apply your yellow.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanks zenrat!

I did try a silver first layer, from a spray can, but yellow is indeed delicate. The Me262 and shark also had issues.
In general I use old-style skills and tools, brushes and enamel paint, overall a bit sketchy compared to the quality seen on this forum : maybe I could try to upgrade a bit (even for small pictures  ;D)

zenrat

Your brushwork looks pretty good on the Red & Blue but yellow is always a bast**d to get good coverage.
Try spray can white undercoat maybe?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

ericr

I can try white indeed ; on the other hand, when I paint white plastic kits in yellow, I sometimes also have problems of irregular coverage ... maybe I could try a spray can undercoat in ... yellow  :rolleyes:

or move to aerograph painting, but that would mean to me a major technological upgrade, with a severe cultural shock, and I feel a bit too traditionally classical for that  :ph34r:

anyway, I am conscious of the problem, and will try to see what I can do

ericr

I also have this blue catapult, coming from a kit of the japanese Glen, which could be carried by a submarine.

It is shown here with a Saab 91 (Heller 1/72 with conversion set), yellow :

ericr

a new one, from a very cheap Revell kit, where rivets can be counted :

zenrat

Now that I like.  Tempest seaplane?  Why not.
Fred

Captain Canada

Looks so good as a Seaplane. It's a Monsoon that everybody calls it no ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks !

yes indeed, a Monsoon has been proposed some time ago, already a single-floater
(slightly differently arranged, though  ;) )

ericr

antoher catapult view : a Rex I made in yellow some time ago

ericr

ericr

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]