Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

McColm

thundereagle1997

Here's an idea for an amphibious seaplane fighter: An updated F2Y-1 modified with canards a bubble canopy twin pairs air intakes (1 side mounted pair  shut on water opened when out of water & the other aerodynamically mounted at the rear near the twin vertical tails a MIG-21 style tailplane armed with 2 30mm cannons & 42 air to air missiles (21 radar seeking (an air to air version of the agm-88 harm) & 21 heat seeking missiles.

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

VincentC

I spent the last week browsing every page in this thread bit by bit on my breaks and it's even a wild ride. Certainly a treasure trove of creativity and imagination. Some of them had me laughing out loud, some of them made me wish I'd thought of that myself. My favourite so far is the blue (Japanese?) seaplane turned ihelicopter. If the rotor assemble was moved forward more it would be very convincing. Thanks for the entertainment!

Tophe

Quote from: VincentC on April 19, 2023, 02:14:00 PMCertainly a treasure trove of creativity and imagination.
I agree, we are very lucky, being chosen as public by Ericr. ;D
On the other side, I hope Ericr is happy to hear all these clapping hands worldwide, instead of local disinterest in his hometown... :-\
This would be the magics of win-win relation! ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

thanks for your appreciation ! it feeds my imagination ;-) it is great having the feedback from this forum

most of them are concieved half perfore-hand, half while making them, like the Seaplane/helicopter Emily (indeed japanese),
so the matches are sometimes improvable, could have done otherwise, but that danger is part of the adventure   ;D
As I sometimes says, those with bettre technical skills can reuse ideas from here, welcome.

ericr

M-5 & V-1, yellow : primary seaplanes

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

NARSES2

That's delightful  :bow:  :bow:

Somehow part of my brain has visions of that being towed out of a hangar somewhere on a lake in Northern Italy in front of Il-Duce with one of his advisers whispering "are you sure about this ?"  into an ear.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Vulcan7

A floatplane with a ramjet, whats not to like   ;D  :mellow:  :mellow:  :thumbsup:  :thumbsup:
"My grandad fought in WW1 and used to make Mosquito wings in WW2"

zenrat

That would qualify for the current GB.

:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

But how does it get up to speed for the ramjet to start working? Some sort of giant catapult perhaps?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kerick

I have visions of the top wing and ramjet tearing off and flying away, never to be seen again!

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise