Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on April 30, 2016, 11:26:33 AM
These ones are already nice ;D , but as I remember, the Avenger was dropping a torpedo, how to do that with a float below? :unsure:

no torpedo anymore : just looking, a reconnaissance aircraft  ;D

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

I got this POMK resin kit, lovely, and made it in yellow :

ericr

aaarrrghhhh ! it made a mistake, and / or a typo : it is indeed a Loire 210 ! not 120 ...
thank you Tophe for pointing it out

Tophe

Ahem... not here (it seems you did not mention 120 here and I did not answer 210 here)... We are all confused, but we try to do our best without too much mixing. ;)

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on May 10, 2016, 02:36:24 AM
Ahem... not here (it seems you did not mention 120 here and I did not answer 210 here)... We are all confused, but we try to do our best without too much mixing. ;)

I corrected the title so my typo hasdidappeared ;-) but some readers may have noticed before

ericr

I recently found a very cheap kit (3 euros ...) of the An-14, which is a so cute aircraft, and I recently visited the Dornier museum in Friedrichshafen, so I thought I would make up this flying boat, because of the sides of the An-14 which look a bit like that.

The hull comes from a (also cheap) Loire 130, which I do as a waterline hull
(I like to make two seaples out of one ! or maybe even more, because the side floats could also be reused)

Tophe

Great! :thumbsup:
To understand fully I had to see with Google pictures what are/were the "Real" An-14 and Loire 130, and it seems you have added features of your own like the Dornier-like parts on the sides (not exactly "floats", do we say "sponsoons"?). The result is perfect.
We will see what you will make from the remaining "auxiliary floats"... main floats for a sea plane at different scale?

ericr

thanks a lot!

the An-14 does have the "sponsoon"-like things on the side ; I might have made them a bit larger ...

and here is the rest of the kit (but for parts of the two side floats, to be used later, I guess  ;) )

Tophe

ericr

thanks !

I will be trying more waterlines soon ...

ericr

here is a Mavis (of which I used thebottom hull for something else : wait and see ...)

at waterline level

Captain Canada

Love all three ! Very unique, and a great idea !

:cheers: :wub: :bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks !

the hull I removed from this one will soon re-appear in a brand new Whiff ...