Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Looks great Eric.  Although IRL those floats wouldn't be up to the job - Wyverns weigh a lot more than you expect.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Tophe

Very compact, looking so much powerful... :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

thanks !

in whif world, weightless spirits floats more easily  ;D

I usually apply a length criterion : floats between 1/2 and 3/4 the fuselage length.
Considering my floatplanes are unarmed, and emptied of everything unnecessary, it also makes them lighter  ;)

zenrat

If you just go by the "if it looks right it is right" rule then it's great.
:thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

Quote from: zenrat on April 12, 2017, 04:24:24 AM
If you just go by the "if it looks right it is right" rule then it's great.
:thumbsup:

that's it, the looks, in 3D but essentially the silhouettes  ;D

reddfoxx

ericr

ericr

I had found a few 1/700 catapults, IJN and USnavy, and had to find :
-1- a support : the 1/720 Hipper looked fine, and added an Ar196
-2- catapultable stuff : that is 1/700 He60s

TheChronicOne

Too cool, man!  Loving the primary treatment on this one. 

All the planes and cats...  who needs guns; It's an aircraft carrier!
-Sprues McDuck-

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

you may remember this 1/72 Tornado

Quote from: ericr on March 15, 2017, 11:14:24 AM

a nice hybrid in itself, historically built from floats of a Ju52 : this is the russian 1/72 kit

I also bought (at sales price) the 1/35 kit, but was stopped by the intuition that the huge floats could be used for a big plane (kitbashing at 1/72 ...), and then I had to invent something not to spoil the Tornado kit ... and an idea came to me, which enabled me to use some of my stash at the same time ... with a sketch of a whif story :

At the end of the war, when the germans were trying out their Tornado, there was a shortage at Ju52 floats, so they had to replace floatation support. There was however a good supply of cheap dinghies, so the solution consisted of an assembly of sufficient quantities of dinghies to support the cabin as well as the jet engine. Maximum reachable speed remained undocumented though.

NARSES2

I can actually "see" that in camouflage somewhere in either the Baltic or the Black Sea.  :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]