Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 06, 2017, 06:17:57 PM

IRL the MC72 had flush mounted radiators on the floats.  This might not get too far before it overheats but it will look damn good doing so.

Having built the ancient and diabolical Delta kit of the MC72 I'd confirm that. They are separate parts in the kit, and don't fit worth a damn.

Perhaps Ericr has them flush mounted in the wing surface?  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

thanks a lot !

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 06, 2017, 10:22:51 PM

Having built the ancient and diabolical Delta kit of the MC72 I'd confirm that. They are separate parts in the kit, and don't fit worth a damn.

Perhaps Ericr has them flush mounted in the wing surface?  ;)

I remember the Delta kit from long ago ...

Whif world is a cool world  ;D

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

I was tempted into this after seeing on the web a profile of a twin float Lysander :

the Lysander is 1/48, and the floats from a 1/72 He115
(I first tried floats from a 1/72 Twin Otter but they looked too thin after all)

Tophe

The float/spat compound is particularly funny, thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

A concept I have been thinking of, too. IMHO, just the spats do not work so well with the floats, I think, that would need a different solution?
But I could imagine this combo as a Canadian bush aircraft. I know that cheap oist WWII Lysanders were used in Canada for some time in private hands, even for crop dusting(!), so that could even be plausible. Buffalo Airways, maybe...?

NARSES2

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on August 15, 2017, 02:04:24 AM

But I could imagine this combo as a Canadian bush aircraft. I know that cheap oist WWII Lysanders were used in Canada for some time in private hands,

My first thoughts as well. I can even see it being fitted up so that the floats could be replaced by skis in the winter.
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Yup. Check the Norduyn Norseman's arrangement, could be easily adapted to the Lysander.

ericr

thanks all !

I agree that the spats glued on the floats are a bit lazy, but this scheme enabled to keep thoses nice funny spats ...
A more RW implementation would indeed go for a Norseman-like attachment.

ericr

So I had these two kits of tha Tornado, jet powered boat, made from Ju-52 floats : I made the 1/72 kit in blue, and for the 1/35 one, I transformed it into a dinghy-based contraption. And thus I could keep the huge floats for ... this (with a Heller 1/72 Connie, and thinking of the beautiful italian Cant Z.511):

(I have begun using spraycans for yellow : it somehow works not too bad)

PR19_Kit

Those floats must be HUGE!  :o

And the spray colours work a lot better, good move.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Yup I find spray can yellow pretty good  :thumbsup:

That does look good and also very French to me  :thumbsup:

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

I've always wanted to build one of those, well done.

reddfoxx

Beautiful!  I know some old guys who would have loved to see a Connie like that. And the yellow looks pretty good.