Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Cool Twin Cub and the Hind is awesome ! Love the look of that one....sleek !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thought provoking.  I was going to build a twin float Hind but...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

"thought provoking" is definitely a compliment to my ear/eye, thanxalot   :wacko:

twin floats are ok of course, but going further awhif is even better  ;D

ericr

and now into the tiny :

twin-float versions of the Romeo Ro-43, at the scale of 1/700

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on July 25, 2015, 05:56:34 AM
I don't know if there is a Piper Tri Pacer kit? I have a few Cubs, including a floatplanized Twin Cub
I love it! May I Photoshop (/PhotoPaint) it into a Black & White photograph of 1944 for my 1939-45 collection? Which manufacturer would I classify it? Piper or Ericr or Wagner or else?

Quote from: ericr on July 25, 2015, 10:24:43 AM
when helicopters float, they are usually equipped twin floats, and sometimes with a hull like flying boats.
But never (to the best of my modest knowledge) with a single central float (like tho Arado196 above), and additional smaller side stabilizers.
There had to be some justice done here, and so I volunteered for the necessary mission.
Your mission is a full success, you are our HERO! And I give you the Distinguidhed Medal Légion of Honour...  :thumbsup: :bow:

Your very little 1/700 ones are funny also, thanks!
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

thanks!

Quote from: Tophe on August 19, 2015, 08:03:51 PM
I don't know if there is a Piper Tri Pacer kit? I have a few Cubs, including a floatplanized Twin Cub
I love it! May I Photoshop (/PhotoPaint) it into a Black & White photograph of 1944 for my 1939-45 collection? Which manufacturer would I classify it? Piper or Ericr or Wagner or else?

please go ahead !
I guess the designer of the twin version is indeed Wagner, I just added a pair of floats ;-)

Captain Canada

Gorgeous. I just love this thread. To tell you the truth, I'm kind of in the doldrums, and after seeing all of this colour I'm actually feeling better ! Thanks for sharing !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks !
red yellow and blue are quite lively indeed, which is why I like them

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on August 19, 2015, 08:03:51 PM
please go ahead !
I guess the designer of the twin version is indeed Wagner, I just added a pair of floats ;-)
Here is she:

(I feel sorry to militarize your gentle toy into a warbird, but this is just to prove the 1942 date :-\ )

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on August 23, 2015, 04:27:03 AM
(I feel sorry to militarize your gentle toy into a warbird, but this is just to prove the 1942 date :-\ )

usually you are indeed rather civilianizing warbirds  ;)

ericr

another whiff by the addition of one float to the usually single float Marcel Besson MB411, at 1/350 :

Tophe

These perfect seaplanes (with efficient rear post having no fin problem) inspired me Mustangs this morning, you know (thanks!)

ericr

it's Marcel Besson yoy may thank : I guess he did this to facilitate storing of the floatplane on a tight submarine.

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on August 29, 2015, 04:04:55 AM
it's Marcel Besson yoy may thank : I guess he did this to facilitate storing of the floatplane on a tight submarine.
Thanking "Floatplanes aboard submarines"? Uh? Ahem, the first time I read it (in French), it was presented as Evil invention (Japanese 1942), because the one writing it probably ignored that us, French ones, did the same... But in our hands, this was obviously "For Goodness", of course (slavery or indigenous status of "sub-human" foreigners), this was so different, yes... :-\ ;D :tornado:

PR19_Kit

The Royal Navy had a submarine launched aircraft as well, the Parnell Peto.

All those submarine launched aircraft all seemed to have something odd about them, the Peto having its upper wing flush with the top of the fuselage and the MB411 having its under-mounted fin. I think one of the others had the wings at different heights!

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit