Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

thanks!

If people feel inspired they are of course welcome : better skills can be applied, and I practice monochrome primary liveries, but others are of course possible

ericr

another one I had been thinking about for a long time, and recently at a show in my hometown I stumbled upon a classic Frog Gannet for 3 euros ... and I had this other Twin Otter float available.

So here it comes, in blue :

For outrigger floats, I use drop tanks : I find it looks nice, and it does have some root in the RW after all, as can be seen here :

Captain Canada

Love the look of the Gannet ! Looks like a low rider  :thumbsup: And thanks for the pics of the drop tank wing floats....glad you found that as now it'll be super easy to make them  :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

Beautiful as a floatplane while ugly as a Gannet... what a mix, great! ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

drop tanks are a nice solution indeed  ;)

and the Gannet does look a bit low : part of its odd charm I guess ;D

ericr

from a very old Airfix bagged kit of the Hawker Demon, I first did a twin-float version by adapting floats from a Letov S-328 (both kits I found for 2 euros each ...), and then, following a forum discussion, I decided to change for a single central float version (also because it offers me the possibility to proceed to one more floatplanization, as you will soon see  ;) )

and it does look like a Hawker Osprey indeed  ;D

PR19_Kit

It's a Monosprey............  ;D :lol:

Great work nonetheless. In an NM scheme with FAA fuselage bands it'd sit very well on a Whif SIG stand and fool oodles of JMNs. Where did the single float come from please Ericr?

The tip floats look like P-51 drop tanks......

[If course this has NOTHING to do with my recent find of an Airfix bagged Demon kit in The Loft........ ;)]
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

thaks a lot PR19_Kit !

the Monosprey seems to have existed actually :

and a Short competitor looking very similar :

the main float is from a KP kit of the Letov S_328, and the tip floats from my scratch box : they were dark green plastic, maybe from a P51?

Quote from: PR19_Kit on November 26, 2015, 08:14:55 AM
In an NM scheme with FAA fuselage bands it'd sit very well on a Whif SIG stand and fool oodles of JMNs.

[If course this has NOTHING to do with my recent find of an Airfix bagged Demon kit in The Loft........ ;)]

just do it  :wacko: ;D

ericr

ericr

here I am back again after days of being imprisoned outside ...

novelties here soon ...

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

not so much a whiff, but for color maybe, but with floats definitely :

ericr

Quote from: Flyer on December 15, 2015, 07:11:42 PM
Nice :thumbsup:

Could even add some thick red and blue diaginal stripes for a Magnum P.I.- ish look.

http://magnum-mania.com/images/opening_credits_low_flying_chopper_full.jpg

thanx!

the stripes design is nice indeed ; I must say that I do my painting by hand with brushes, rather worn usually, so it wouldn't be easy : I have extremely basic skills indeed, quite the same as when I was an early teenager i'm afraid  ;D

ericr

a jet float plane again, blue this time :

Weaver

Oh the Iskra look pretty! :thumbsup:

You just have to leave that awful cockpit moulding open right?  ;) (Trust me, it isn't any better if you go for the single-seat option...)

EDIT: hey Ericr, you like monocrome blues: did you ever see my H.A.T. build? http://www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic,38469.60.html
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones