Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

I'd have never thought it was possible to make a Karas uglier, but.................  :banghead: :banghead:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2016, 09:08:45 AM
I'd have never thought it was possible to make a Karas uglier, but.................  :banghead: :banghead:

"sky" is the limit  :o

ericr

Quote from: ericr on March 26, 2016, 09:31:16 AM
Quote from: PR19_Kit on March 26, 2016, 09:08:45 AM

"sky" is the limit  :o

by the way, in this case, it is of course not the floats that make it uglier  ;D

ericr

does anyone know a flying boat kit with waterline hull, like it is done for ships?

ericr

Quote from: ericr on March 26, 2016, 10:03:28 AM

does anyone know a flying boat kit with waterline hull, like it is done for ships?

I remember that there is this Fujimi Pete floatplane, as can be seen here : one side float and the main central one are proposed in waterline version :

http://www.model-making.eu/products/item_name-382873.html

see the pieces here

and the instructions at steps 6 and 7 (B type)

do you know any others ?

ericr

so I cut up a 1/48 Walrus from SMER, and triedto fit the hull to a Me 262, same scale (very good fit, sizewise), from Pegasus : here is the work in progress (with wings turned upsaide down to prevent water to come in the engines, of course)  :

I guess that is what is called kitbash ...  ;)

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on March 29, 2016, 01:51:02 PM
(with wings turned upsaide down to prevent water to come in the engines, of course)  :
Of course, yes! I LOVE our engineering way! Lift turned upside down for a technical good reason! :lol: ;D :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

thanks!

I then realized that lateral visibility might be underoptimal ...  ;D

Army of One

I changed the engines from under to over on the Revell 1/72 Luft '46 heavy fighter thingy by cutting the engine segment out, turning it over and mounting on the opposite  wing........this was to mount rear facing props for a turbo prop version.....
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

ericr

Tophe

The result is very harmonious, congratulations. And a Me-262 without military evil signs seems a nice civilian worker (or tourist). ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

thanks! it is indeed civilianized  ;D I prefer it like that

dumaniac

nice blue - appropriate for a seasplance

white crosses would make a nice contrast, if you did not want to go civilian

ericr

Quote from: dumaniac on April 04, 2016, 03:29:15 AM
nice blue - appropriate for a seasplance

white crosses would make a nice contrast, if you did not want to go civilian

thanks!

as I said, the shapes correspond with a good fit, at any scale,
so this combination can be tried with different liveries (RAF, Lftwaffe, or others) as you like  ;D

ericr

quite finished now, potentially carrying 4 seaplanes at a time ...