Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

The blue anchor is a perfect camo to go into the blue sea...
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Captain Canada

Cool ! Love the sea jet and the ship is really coming along now !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

Tophe

Quote from: Tophe on April 05, 2016, 10:27:56 PM
The blue anchor is a perfect camo to go into the blue sea...
Ahem, I had not noticed the bright yellow anchor on the port side. Well the camo of this one is perfect at the bottom of the sea, among treasures, no? ;D

ericr

inded Tophe, you understood the secret : according to the environment, the ship is turning its appropriate sideto the eyes  ;D

ericr

ericr

Quote from: ericr on April 04, 2016, 12:20:39 PM
as I said, the shapes correspond with a good fit, at any scale,
so this combination can be tried with different liveries (RAF, Lftwaffe, or others) as you like  ;D

this is so true that someone else did it!

more here, with a splendid central float canadian version too :

https://www.scalemates.com/profiles/mate.php?id=13401&p=albums&album=20279&view=list

Tophe

Thanks for this wonderful link, including a zwilling that I did not know, moreover...

ericr

the cars are also very impressive to my taste (inspiration for all the fuselages I have left from other projects?  ;D)

ericr

another seaplane carrier, a bit smaller this time, adapted from the Graf Spee : it did carry a Ar196, I just added two more catapults, from japanese origins.

(the ship is 1/400, the additional catapults 1/350, which is not too far after all ...)

ericr

so, I used the lower part of the hull of a 1/48 Walrus for a Me 262 flying boat, and I was left with the rest ... wondering what to do with it ... until I realized that it look nicely plunged into its natural element (well, one of the three anyway).
Maybe it looks a bit heavily loaded, but it floats.
Actually it looks a bit like a crocodile or alligator ...

the build is a bit basic, and side floats were replaced by half droptanks.
But it inspires me for other flyingboat conversions, stealing the lower hull to fit another aircraft, and keeping the donor in a waterline version ... (I have a Sunderland and a Loire 130 in stack stock) ... wait and see

Tophe

ericr

I reused floats from 1/350 MB411 to improve 1/700 Avengers :

it might be nice to do it in a more detailed scale like 1/72

Tophe

These ones are already nice ;D , but as I remember, the Avenger was dropping a torpedo, how to do that with a float below? :unsure: