Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Beautiful finish on the paint Eric.
Your red builds always look best IMO.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanks !

red comes out fine, easier than yellow usually

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on January 09, 2017, 01:44:25 AM
Beautiful finish on the paint Eric.

Totally agree  :thumbsup:

Quote from: ericr on January 09, 2017, 04:23:21 AM

red comes out fine, easier than yellow usually

Yup. I now undercoat with pale pink when using yellow. Sounds daft but it works.

Worst colour I've used lately is orange, hell of a problem. Needed a lot of coats to get anything even vaguely reasonable
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Orange and yellow always give me problems on car models.  If I don't pay real close attention I end up with the bonnet a slightly different shade to the rest of the car.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thanks for the tips, I'll try undercoats in the future
(if building urgency allows me to  :angel:)

kerick

I know white is good under yellow so it should help under orange. It helps under red too.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Librarian

That is beautiful :wub:. New Hasegawa kit?

jcf

Quote from: ericr on November 13, 2016, 02:56:57 AM

this build was first devoid of hull and floats, but was subsequently improved, and consequently moved from
http://www.whatifmodellers.com/index.php/topic,37003.900.html
to here, where it now belongs :

1/28 Camel, wooden kit of da Vinci designed wings, hull from an old three masted "Hamphitrite", side floats are fuel barrels from two 1/48 P-61 :

Ader 26 novembre 1901- Bateau glissant sur l'eau.
http://alain.vassel.pagesperso-orange.fr/biographie-ader4.html

:thumbsup:

ericr

Quote from: Librarian on January 12, 2017, 10:08:12 PM
That is beautiful :wub:. New Hasegawa kit?

thanks !

yes, and it is a good kit, very fine.

ericr

I got hold of a (cheap) Italeri 1/48 Skyraider, as well as of a pair of Airfix Ju-52 floats, and their size did fit
(the profiled struts are optional wings end from a (very cheap) 1/24 Harrier for I have ongoing activity ...) :
the color can be thought of as a firefighting floatplane exercise, a role for which some Skuraiders were equipped I think,
and the floatplane relevance was convincingly established by e.g. movies like Planes 2.

Tophe

Your model is much more harmonious than a classical Skyraider, congratulations! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Librarian

:wub: it!! Always wondered about a Spad with floats...looks gooood ;D. Right type of Skyraider too :thumbsup:.

Captain Canada

Nice one ! Love the floats on her, especially on that style of Skyraider.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

ericr

thanks !
in the past I had tried a 1/72 version, with another type, the Ravelle (Matchbox?) one with a larger canopy and seatings for a group of passengers