Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheChronicOne

Yeah, how bout that! Does look pretty neat! 
-Sprues McDuck-

zenrat

Looks very good Eric.  I like that you've added a small vertical tail  extension underneath the fin.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

ericr

thnks a lot all !

Quote from: zenrat on August 24, 2017, 03:17:17 AM
Looks very good Eric.  I like that you've added a small vertical tail  extension underneath the fin.

this kind of effort fits my skills well enough  ;D
I first looked at the original fin, and noticed that it is not that large, and then chose for  the size of the additional one

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

ericr

ericr

this is a Whif in the box, from Hasegawa : I just revised the livery  ;D
the floats are a buit small, but in the anime where this comes from, they seem to suffice  ;)

PR19_Kit

They really are small, are you sure they're not meant to be skis?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

the Hasegawa kit says they're floats, retractable by the way :
the images I find from the anime movie show that it floats, in that particular whif world  ;)
so sometimes, you have to believe the story told  ;D

TheChronicOne

That's cool!  Nice finish on there, too. Shiny.   :lol:
-Sprues McDuck-

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on August 29, 2017, 11:57:28 AM
Interesting... while I cannot identify a known plane, is this a dream? or a poorly known basis, transformed into a what-if version?
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

ericr

Quote from: Tophe on August 29, 2017, 07:45:48 PM
Quote from: ericr on August 29, 2017, 11:57:28 AM
Interesting... while I cannot identify a known plane, is this a dream? or a poorly known basis, transformed into a what-if version?

the plane looks a bit like  russian Il-2, but it seems to be a fictional aircraft

Dizzyfugu

It's all fictional, and the kit comes in two three boxings (there's a blue/white one, plus one with a bright red and yellow livery, and I found another one in a silver/red scheme - the latter two seem to be racers?).

Makes me wonder how it would look like on larger, fixed floats, and I can imagine that the basic hull would also look great with a single seat bubble canopy, a conventional fin and a standard landing gear?

ericr

the plane also looks quite a bit like a Loire Nieuport LN411

zenrat

It's a kit i've looked at online may time and rejected because of those undersized "floats".
However, having seen one built I can now see its potential and might have to get one.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..