Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

whif just by the livery, but its shape with jet engines above the fuselage is remarkable enough ...  ;)

McColm

PR19_Kit

It's the A Model 1/144 kit, and it's REALLY good too! Cracking looking aeroplane, and good in blue too Ericr.  :thumbsup:

I wish they'd do the A-40 Albatross in 1/72 too, but I'd need a World Bank loan to buy one!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Quote from: PR19_Kit on October 05, 2017, 07:33:18 AM
It's the A Model 1/144 kit, and it's REALLY good too! Cracking looking aeroplane, and good in blue too Ericr.  :thumbsup:

I wish they'd do the A-40 Albatross in 1/72 too, but I'd need a World Bank loan to buy one!
Thanks Kit, got to build one of those :banghead:

chrisonord

I have one of the 1/72nd scale ones, started it and put it away as I wasn't in the right fame of mind to complete it. Difficult kit in places and every part has to be dry fitted first regardless of how it looks, as it is a nightmare. I would attempt to finish it but I still need to pluck up the courage to finish the bba-14 I have by modelsvit.
Chris. 
The dogs philosophy on life.
If you cant eat it hump it or fight it,
Pee on it and walk away!!

PR19_Kit

Oooh, is it 1/72? It's ages since I saw mine, and I can't remember exactly.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

thanks all !

it's 1/144 indeed, by Amodel

strobez

Somehow, I think ericr may have influenced my buying habits during my recent short trip to Japan...  :rolleyes:
Thanks!

Greg

TheChronicOne

-Sprues McDuck-

ericr

Quote from: strobez on October 10, 2017, 03:58:13 PM
Somehow, I think ericr may have influenced my buying habits during my recent short trip to Japan...  :rolleyes:

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

strobez

I had my hands on the same beer glass... but opted for the coffee mug instead.  I didn't want ericr to think I was just stalking him...  :wacko:
Thanks!

Greg

ericr

I saw some pictures of an Anson floatplane in South Africa, so was lead to have a try at it :

the kit is from Special Hobby (a bit too high quality for my skills) and the floats from a Twin Otter

Rheged

As used by the South African Antarctic research people??
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

ericr

thanks for this convincing baking story of the livery !  ;D :thumbsup: