Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Quote from: zenrat on December 28, 2020, 02:42:44 AM
Yes.  I don't read the words, I just look at the pictures.   ;D
I understand that pictures are the most important, but... we try to speak in English which is not our mother language and it is not read? too bad... :unsure:
(I hope it is a joke) ;)
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Quote from: Tophe on December 28, 2020, 09:01:18 PM
Quote from: zenrat on December 28, 2020, 02:42:44 AM
Yes.  I don't read the words, I just look at the pictures.   ;D
I understand that pictures are the most important, but... we try to speak in English which is not our mother language and it is not read? too bad... :unsure:
(I hope it is a joke) ;)

With me Tophe, always a joke... :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

jcf

McColm

I've tried but failed to kitbash the Shorts Sunderland with a Lockheed Constellation and now there's talk of kitbashing an Avro Shackleton with the Sunderland. I'm sure that you have done something similar before.

ericr

Quote from: joncarrfarrelly on December 29, 2020, 04:17:04 PM
Quote from: kitbasher on December 27, 2020, 02:44:05 PM
Looking Japanese!

... or French.  :thumbsup:

;D

I did do a Sunderlandization of a Shackleton some time ago : I re-used the lower part of the hull, and managed to fit it to the Shackleton fuselage (but don't look too close  ;) )

Tophe

Quote from: ericr on December 30, 2020, 02:51:53 AM
I did do a Sunderlandization of a Shackleton some time ago : I re-used the lower part of the hull, and managed to fit it to the Shackleton fuselage (but don't look too close  ;) )
No matter details for me, but I love it/her as twin-fin Sunderland, thanks! :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

McColm

Quote from: Tophe on December 30, 2020, 02:59:58 AM
Quote from: ericr on December 30, 2020, 02:51:53 AM
No matter details for me, but I love it/her as twin-fin Sunderland, thanks! :thumbsup:
Thanks, two more kits to buy next year.

ericr

the fuselage from the Sunderland received wings from a U-2 (1/48), and engines from a XB_35

PR19_Kit

Now THAT'S kitbashing!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Somehow the XB-35's wings on a 1/48 U-2 fuselage and tail just doesn't work in my head, but........................  ;) ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 30, 2020, 03:09:24 PM
Now THAT'S kitbashing!  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Somehow the XB-35's wings on a 1/48 U-2 fuselage and tail just doesn't work in my head, but........................  ;) ;D

Parasol configuration?  :unsure:

McColm

Great work,  the thickness of the XB-35 wings is almost the same as the
B-36. I know because I have tried to attach them to a  XB-35 fuselage. I know where I went wrong but I won't make that mistake on the second time.

ericr

thanks !  ;D

Quote from: PR19_Kit on December 30, 2020, 03:09:24 PM

well, you were guessing a bit too easily my tricks, so I had to change my strategies  :wacko:
I moved from switches between two kits to longer chains : wait & see  ;)

the XB-35 was already fit with two A380 engines ealier in this thread ...

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..