Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

Weird! :unsure: (I mean: wonderful:) :wub:
As there is no thick XB-35 wing, where are the engines buried in? inside the fuselage? (with shafts and gears? complex! high technology!) ;D
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

There's certainly room for all that in a Sunderland's ENORMOUS fuselage, so why not?
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

McColm

Wow a Martin Mariner and Osprey  :thumbsup: Not the Mach2 kit!

Tophe

kerick

Very interesting! Makes me wonder how that would work in the real world. Some serious spray from the exhaust and rotor wash!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

ericr

thanks !

one inspiration was the Convair Advanced autogyro :

Tophe

NARSES2

That's fantastic Eric  :thumbsup:

Where on earth do you get your ideas from ? Or do you just play/experiment with parts until something works, in the way some modern artists do ? Whatever it produces amazing results

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks !

I do look at the kits and try out according to general shapes,
and sometimes when there are several choices, I go for the most surprising,
while trying to remain a little bit plausible because that makes the funniest effect  ;D

NARSES2

Quote from: ericr on January 10, 2021, 02:57:55 AM

while trying to remain a little bit plausible because that makes the funniest effect  ;D

Certainly does., and most of them are far more plausible than some of the 1945 "Napkinwaffe"  ;)
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

McColm

The closest real world was the Kamman K-16B that used the Grumman Goose with tilting wings.

ericr

absolutely ! an inspiration w.r.t. wing floats attachment (but then, simplified)

McColm

Quote from: ericr on January 11, 2021, 01:32:45 AM

absolutely ! an inspiration w.r.t. wing floats attachment (but then, simplified)

Looks like a future build either Real World or whiff, by changing the engines. Which reminds me that I must finish off my Mach2 Martin Mariner.