Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

ericr

a very old, very rare kit : I found it built, not too badly, but quite incomplete w.r.t. wheels etc
but this was fine for a seaplane

using Ju52 floats

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

jcf

Beautiful.  :wub:
Very much a "could have been". :thumbsup:

This is interesting:
https://www.christies.com/lot/lot-a-well-constructed-and-modelled-float-plane-version-of-4440618/?

PR19_Kit

NINE THOUSAND dollars!  :o

Ericr's version has two main floats so that'd be worth well over $15000!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

58 1/2" wingspan and probably period work.  ;)

ericr

NARSES2

That's sleek enough to be a racer. So maybe the Schneider Trophy Race Committee introduced a class for multi engine types ?

Gorgeous by the way  ;) :bow:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on November 08, 2021, 06:04:25 AM

That's sleek enough to be a racer. So maybe the Schneider Trophy Race Committee introduced a class for multi engine types ?

They could use more than one engine, the MC-72 had two, but one behind the other so they looked as if they were connected. They weren't though as each one drove a separate prop.

And there was the SM 65, which had an engine at both ends of its fuselage, but with twin booms of course.

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

The AS.6 of the M.C.72 was two AS.5 sharing a common crankcase and induction system.
The internal moving bits weren't connected to each other but it was installed as a single
unit rather than two completely separate engines. The rear half drove the supercharger
that fed both sections, which was one of the reasons for the nagging induction problems.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kerick

First of all, Ericr..... great job converting this bird to a float plane!

Second..... on first look, considering the name of the aircraft, I thought what a great looking French aircraft! Then I scrolled the pic to the right and saw the tail!  :o Where's the rudder? Fish have more tail than that!
What were those French guys back then thinking? Or drinking? Yeah I know, wine, apparently lots of it. Somehow they made it work.
Nice work on a strange looking bird.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

NARSES2

Quote from: kerick on November 10, 2021, 09:49:05 PM
First of all, Ericr..... great job converting this bird to a float plane!

Second..... on first look, considering the name of the aircraft, I thought what a great looking French aircraft! Then I scrolled the pic to the right and saw the tail!  :o Where's the rudder? Fish have more tail than that!
What were those French guys back then thinking? Or drinking? Yeah I know, wine, apparently lots of it. Somehow they made it work.
Nice work on a strange looking bird.

More like Absinthe  :drink:  ;) Lovely sleek/flowing lines, but I've no idea what the directional stability was like.

jcf

The rudder is at the end of the fuselage, the tapering blended form of which gives the side area usually generated
by a fin. I don't recall reading anything about particularly egregious handling, the main argument against it was
complexity and expense of manufacture.

Two part dossier on the Couzinet Arcs. In French but very well illustrated:
https://www.hydroretro.net/etudegh/arc-en-ciel_atlantique_vol1.pdf
https://www.hydroretro.net/etudegh/arc-en-ciel_atlantique_vol2.pdf

The dossiers page on the site is a fantastic resource:
https://www.hydroretro.net/etudegh/index.php

The myths about absinthe are many, the "problem" with it was that it had a high alcohol
content - in some cases 100 proof or higher. The quantity of wormwood flavoinoids in it
was never high enough to have any hallucinogenic effect, however spending evening
after evening guzzling down strong booze and you'll be quickly on yer butt and talking
to God.
No "Green Fairy" required.  :wacko: