Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ericr

1/32 (old Revell, the wing articulation a bit too fragile unfortunately)
with 1/48 He115 floats

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

PR19_Kit

Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

scooter

The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

ericr

NARSES2

Wonderful  :bow:

Did the Wildcatfish have folding wings ?

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

I guess they kept the original wings for the prototype

jcf

All F4F-3 had non-folding wings with the exception of BuNo 1897, the final aircraft in the
initial F4F-3 order. It was the first Wildcat to have folding wings and it was designated as
XF4F-4 and was the prototype of F4F-4, it had hydraulic wing-fold the production aircraft
were manual.

The F4F-3S Wildcatfish was F4F-3 BuNo 4038, it was from the fifth block of F4F-3s.
An order for one hundred of the F4F-7 unarmed long range reconnaissance version was
changed to deliver the aircraft as F4F-3S, they were in the end delivered as F4F-3 fighter
trainers.

A smaller order of twenty-one of the F4F-7 was completed, one of which flew non-stop
from New York to NAS San Diego in just under eleven hours, it was the delivery flight.
Evidently longer missions were flown in the Solomon Islands. Along with removing the
guns and all related equipment the aircraft had non-folding wings holding 555 gallons
of fuel, total fuel capacity was 672 gallons giving an as designed range of 3,700 miles.
The F4F-7 had a rounded windscreen like the original Wildcat prototype, two cameras
were installed in the rear fuselage. The F4F-7s were BuNos 5263 - 5283.
Sorry Kit, they didn't extend the wingspan. ;)

F4F-7, note the type unique fuel-vent pipe below the rudder, it had two of the pipes.

- Francillon, Grumman Aircraft since 1929.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks for the informative update !

so a folding wing floatplane Wildcat is a whiff after all ;-)

Tophe

[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..