Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

:wub: Yes! Great! Even marvellous I would say, do you ear my hands clapping? :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

PR19_Kit

Wonderful creativity Ericr!  :thumbsup:

Is it an entry in the Pirates GB, because it should be!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Great stuff.  :thumbsup:

Do 24 in Oz that was turned into a boat. ;D

More here on this page with Stranraer and Catalina conversions, scroll down for the Dornier:
https://ruudleeuw.com/search113.htm

Evidently the Dornier fuselage is now at the Lake Boga Flying Boat Museum.

McColm

Quote from: ericr on May 03, 2022, 02:01:44 PM

Great work, at least I know where the beaching gear goes for my Platypus Composite Project kitbash using the Frog Avro Shackleton MR.3.

ericr

thanks all !

;)

and thank you for the reference : a source of inspiration ! very doable in plastic ...

zenrat

Good job Eric.

I've been to the Lake Boga museum.  I don't remember a Do 24 fuselage.  There is a Catalina taking up most of the space.
It's a fascinating place.  The idea was to have a seaplane maintenance base inland as far away from potential Japanese attackers as possible.  The lake is almost perfectly circular and up to 2m deep.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

That's marvellous Eric  :bow:

Wasn't there a film (movie for our N American cousins  ;)) which featured a seaplane/floatplane that was converted into a sailing boat ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Superb, Eric, I am most impressed !!!

Is it a development of the Rohrbach RoIII  flying boat, that actually did have masts and sails available for occasions when the aircraft came down in the sea?

A very unusual feature of several of Rohrbach's flying boats was the provision of a pair of masts and sails to be rigged in the event of engine failure to allow the aircraft to be sailed back to safety Quoted from :- https://histaviation.com/ro_2.html

See also:-
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rohrbach_Ro_III
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

reddfoxx

Wow! That's very different, and great!  Nicely done.

TomZ

Reality is an illusion caused by an alcohol deficiency

jcf

Quote from: zenrat on May 04, 2022, 04:56:27 AM
Good job Eric.

I've been to the Lake Boga museum.  I don't remember a Do 24 fuselage.  There is a Catalina taking up most of the space.
It's a fascinating place.  The idea was to have a seaplane maintenance base inland as far away from potential Japanese attackers as possible.  The lake is almost perfectly circular and up to 2m deep.

My understanding is that it was moved fairly recently, but isn't on display.

ericr

thanks all  ;D

the Rohrbach had a sail indeed, but it kept its wings : this Mavis' wings are ... to re-appear soon, elsewhere  ;)