Seaknight & M16, red : primary seaplanes

Started by ericr, April 23, 2015, 01:37:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tophe

More solid than aerodynamic, this looks efficient, reliable. :thumbsup:
[the word "realistic" hurts my heart...]

Dizzyfugu

Makes me wonder about a Lysander on floats?

NARSES2

There is no way you are going to convince me that isn't a "Real World" aeroplane  ;)  ;D

Absolutely brilliant  :bow:

Quote from: jcf on October 09, 2022, 02:24:04 PMLove the inverted wings with the struts on top. A look I've always liked.

As do I Jon
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

ericr

thanks all !

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on October 09, 2022, 11:33:09 PMMakes me wonder about a Lysander on floats?

like this ? (approx. 5 years ago, but the search engine does not find it)

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Tophe

The aerodynamic spats at the junction floats/pylons, there without wheels but for some other reason, are both funny and mysterious. It is half the proof this is a whif, not serious, half a possible mystery, the mind hesitates to decide; :thumbsup:

kerick

Quote from: Tophe on October 10, 2022, 02:28:15 PMThe aerodynamic spats at the junction floats/pylons, there without wheels but for some other reason, are both funny and mysterious. It is half the proof this is a whif, not serious, half a possible mystery, the mind hesitates to decide; :thumbsup:

The wheels are still there. This way if the lake dries up the Lysander can drive off the floats and onto the beach and fly away. Sounds good to me anyway!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Dizzyfugu

Neat, I vaguely remember that floaty Lysander. I'd probably give it a different landing gear - maybe something modular like the Noorduyn Norseman had? Could be a nice bush aircraft?

ericr

Skua, red : primary seaplanes

with floats from a SOC Seamew

Tophe

So perfect it should be Real World :thumbsup:

ericr

NARSES2

Somewhere in Norway 1940  ;)

Terrific build Eric and deserves to be built in FAA markings  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

jcf

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: 

They put floats on the Roc, so why not a Skua?

The Roc was designed with float operation in mind, the floats were Shark type.

You cannot view this attachment.

ericr