Do 335B-12 trainer finished!

Started by matrixone, April 24, 2015, 10:56:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

matrixone

Here is the other Tamiya Do 335 that I have been working on.

As far as I know not any of these were actually built but there were plans for them to be produced, the sudden end of the war stopped those plans.

My thinking behind this model was if the Do 335B-2 heavy fighter had made it into operational use the problems with the weak rear fuselage structure could very well have been a problem with younger less experienced pilots bringing the plane in for landing. The tail was hitting the runway with too much force and the rear fuselage buckled putting the aircraft out of commission. The Do 335 did have a tail bumper but that could only help so much before the airframe started to show damage after repeated bad landings, the RLM demanded two seat trainers be built to help new Do 335 pilots learn the proper landing techniques from a qualified instructor.
Since the Do 335B-2 was so badly needed at the front the production line could not be slowed to allow the building of the two seat trainers so the decision was made to divert a few completed Do 335B-2's to Blohm & Voss and have them convert the B-2's into the B-12 two seat trainers.

My model represents a Do 335B-12 W.Nr. 240161 marked as ''yellow 34''...training unit unknown.

After the war ended U.S. soldiers came across a few Do 335's on the ground and they were amazed at the futuristic shape of the aircraft and they remarked it looked like a 'Buck Rogers space plane'.

More pictures of the model...

Matrixone

Army of One

Oh......wow......love it......!!!!! Those are the wing guns i was reffering to when i posted on your last build......another great build n finish...... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

sandiego89

Really stunning.  Great job. 

I wonder how the GI got up there?  Long way up ;)
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

matrixone

Thanks Army of One and sandiego89!

How did the G.I. get up on the wing? My guess is a big giant placed him up there. :lol: Actually the Do 335 had a retractable ladder that folded up into the left wing root.

Another couple of pictures of the Do 335B-12...

Matrixone

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

kitnut617

Very nice M1  :thumbsup:

And very logical ---
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

DogfighterZen

Another excellent build! That's Whiffie worhty IMHO... :thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

Another piece of excellence  :thumbsup:  :bow: :bow:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

matrixone

Thanks zenrat, NARSES2, kitnut716, DodfighterZen, and Gondor!

Matrixone

PR19_Kit

Quote from: matrixone on April 26, 2015, 09:16:29 AM

Matrixone

Hehehe, is this a caption competition?

In which case how about 'Hey, Private McAllen, how did you get up there?'
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Army of One

Quote from: matrixone on April 26, 2015, 09:16:29 AM

Matrixone

Caption competition sounds good......."Yes, of course it's mine.......and no, you can't  have a go.........!!!!!"
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Glenn Gilbertson

dumaniac

matrixone

Thanks a lot for the comments! ;D

My next three models are going to be real world but after those are finished I am leaning towards building a Horten. :wub:

Matrixone