Project Bullseye

Started by JayBee, April 24, 2015, 03:58:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JayBee

Considerable controversy has reigned over whether the B-58 was ever painted in the USAF's distinctive Southeast Asia camouflage pattern.
Facts that are known :

The scheme was enunciated in Tech Order 1-1-4, but it remains unverified as to whether it ever actually was applied to an aircraft.

Project Bullseye did exist and is well documented.

There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that says one B-58 was painted in the SEA scheme. This includes a statement  from a retired USAF pilot who states that he "flew the camouflaged one".

There is no documented evidence that any B-58 was painted in camouflage.

There is no photographic evidence to show a B-58 wearing camouflage of any pattern.

So did a Hustler ever wear camouflage?

The model is 1/144 scale and uses the Fox One transfer sheet for this particular aircraft.

Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

comrade harps

I can imagine that hurling itself low over Nth Vietnam at night and lobbing bombs on Hanoi while the BUFFS are coming in high and taking the SAMs. 

Nicely done. :thumbsup:
Whatever.

The Wooksta!

SUPER! SMASHING! GREAT!

I was half expecting garden furniture or a speedboat for a couple living in a towerblock in Birmingham!

"It's basically a cure -  for not being an axe-wielding homicidal maniac. The potential market's enormous!"

"Visit Scarfolk today!"
https://scarfolk.blogspot.com/

"Dance, dance, dance, dance, dance to the radio!"

The Plan:
www.whatifmodelers.com/index.php/topic

zenrat

Good job.  One of those subtle Whiffs that will get them all thinking.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Who's been busy then? This is the THIRD finished build from you I've seen this morning Jim!  :thumbsup: :bow:

The camo'd Hustler really looks the business, and just like the TO 1-1-4 drawings I've seen too.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

That's really nice Jim. She looks better in camouflage as well I think. Still a nice size in 1/144th I have the Academy one and keep meaning to do something with it. French ? Force de Frappe ? Forgive my French

Quote from: JayBee on April 24, 2015, 03:58:18 PM
There is plenty of anecdotal evidence that says one B-58 was painted in the SEA scheme. This includes a statement  from a retired USAF pilot who states that he “flew the camouflaged one”.

I have a friend who's a retired USAF pilot, joined when they were still USAAF, and if you asked him anything about colour schemes he just stared blankly at you. It just didn't matter. If pushed he might mention "green or maybe brown" but that was it. Ask him about an aircrafts characteristics and it was a completely different matter. That was important.

Sadly Geoff has fallen victim to Alzheimer's and is now in a home. Lovely man with some great stories but no colour information what so ever  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

DogfighterZen

Looks good, subtle and effective.   :cheers:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Gondor

It looks good in the flesh as it were too  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Captain Canada

How can you make the B-58 look even sleeker ? That's how ! Great job. Looks right at home in that scheme, and the pattern really suits a fast aeroplane.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?