Banshee PR.Mk.1a

Started by Knightflyer, May 03, 2015, 04:39:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

IIRC the MPC Banshee was the same mouldings as the Airfix kit ar one stage, probably in a MUCH smaller box!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

kitnut617

Quote from: PR19_Kit on May 04, 2015, 06:10:47 AM
IIRC the MPC Banshee was the same mouldings as the Airfix kit ar one stage, probably in a MUCH smaller box!

Basically MPC issued Airfix Craftmaster kits before switching to their MPC logo, all ex-Airfix (until MPC was bought out by Ertl that is)
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

JayBee

Yes, the box was smaller.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

Glenn Gilbertson

DogfighterZen

Quote from: Knightflyer on May 04, 2015, 01:16:35 AM

The kit is the (1980s ?) Airfix vintage one.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:
I believe that kit comes with both the short nose and the PR one on your model, right? I won one of those last night on an ebay auction. ;D
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Knightflyer

Quote from: DogfighterZen on May 04, 2015, 11:12:28 AM
Quote from: Knightflyer on May 04, 2015, 01:16:35 AM

The kit is the (1980s ?) Airfix vintage one.

Thanks!  :thumbsup:
I believe that kit comes with both the short nose and the PR one on your model, right? I won one of those last night on an ebay auction. ;D

Yes you're correct. The short nose is standard with the additional (2) parts for the PR nose. No real details except raised 'panel' lines depicted where the nine (?) camera ports would be. That's why I converted mine to three fixed camera ports for my RAF version
Oh to be whiffing again :-(