5 (9.3%)
Model your Surname GB
5 (9.3%)
Super/Comic Heros GB
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: May 17, 2015, 07:24:17 AM

sandiego89

c'mon "bad idea"- gets my riding crop out.....

Think I have an idea and something in the stash for all the front runners except BoB.  Gotta get creative about that one I guess......
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Nick

If it is a tie, I'd say that we do the Battle of Britain one to fit the dates, July 10th to October 31st. That seems too long so maybe cut it down to start 1st August and finish on Battle of Britain day which is the 15th September.

And as my favourite bid for the Africarama is not going well, I might just demand the result be declared illegal like that for Bradford West! ;D

Librarian

Under which heading would Mad Max (ish) vehicles go? I'd like to try something different.

Old Wombat

Quote from: Librarian on May 11, 2015, 01:14:14 PM
Under which heading would Mad Max (ish) vehicles go? I'd like to try something different.

Sci Fi.

Interestingly, just about everything we build could be slotted under Sci Fi because every whif involves an "Alternate Reality" or "Parallel Universe" where things are not quite as they are in the RW.
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Quote from: Nick on May 11, 2015, 10:29:24 AM
If it is a tie, I'd say that we do the Battle of Britain one to fit the dates, July 10th to October 31st. That seems too long so maybe cut it down to start 1st August and finish on Battle of Britain day which is the 15th September.

Good idea Nick  :thumbsup: In memory box
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 11, 2015, 04:41:38 PM

Sci Fi.

Interestingly, just about everything we build could be slotted under Sci Fi because every whif involves an "Alternate Reality" or "Parallel Universe" where things are not quite as they are in the RW.

Yes, but it could also fit a couple of the others. Civilinise/Militarise it for example which is the current leader. Most of the suggestions are not that strict in definition and we know what supple minds wiffers have  ;D

Your second point is interesting as I've often pondered on the point myself, especially as regards the Sci Fi/Fantasy boundry
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

If this poll is right i'll eat Kit's hat... ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Librarian

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 12, 2015, 01:58:07 AM

Sci Fi.

Yes, but it could also fit a couple of the others. Civilinise/Militarise it for example which is the current leader. Most of the suggestions are not that strict in definition and we know what supple minds wiffers have  ;D

Your second point is interesting as I've often pondered on the point myself, especially as regards the Sci Fi/Fantasy boundry

A kind but misguided relative gave me one of Airfix's Supacat Coyotes and I've been struggling to 'idea' it. Mad Max....yes! Chris Eubank's latest runaround....more yes ;D Two categories available there.

zenrat

You can justify anything with a bit of lateral thinking.  For example what if the Battle of Britain referred not to the events of 1940 but to road wars fought on the highways and byways of the UK between highly modified vehicles...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

You can justify anything with a bit of lateral thinking.  For example what if the Battle of Britain referred not to the events of 1940 but to road wars fought on the highways and byways of the UK between highly modified vehicles...
Fred

sandiego89

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 12, 2015, 01:58:07 AM

Sci Fi.

Agree Mil/Civ would work.  Those folks in the Mad Max universe could do quite well with some ex-military vehicles, maybe a land rover or a Saladin, etc., suitably Mad-Maxed of course- and they didn't seem to be too concerned about uniforms....
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on May 12, 2015, 02:50:26 AM

Oi, what will I wear then?  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

Quote from: zenrat on May 12, 2015, 04:36:37 AM

Battle of Britain in August 1970 when the Nazi flying saucers return from their base on the Moon?

Land Battle of Britain with amphibious German tanks being straffed by Westland P.12 Wendovers?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on May 12, 2015, 02:50:26 AM

Branston or Brown Sauce ?  ;D

NARSES2

Just the weekend to go for voting lads. I'll lock the poll on Monday morning (GMT) and make the necessary announcements after the scrutineers have checked  :rolleyes:

I'll also be in touch with a couple of those who volunteered for moderating....you have been warned  ;D