5 (9.3%)
Model your Surname GB
5 (9.3%)
Super/Comic Heros GB
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 54

Voting closed: May 17, 2015, 07:24:17 AM

NARSES2

Right so here's the poll to choose the 2015 Group Builds.

I think I've included all the suggestions made in the initial thread even if some have been combined as they were similar to others, some have been broadened slightly (the Primary Colours build for example was originally Yellow) whilst some of the ones I regarded as "obscure/niche have been included within other suggestions. I'm certain we can get them in simply by being elastic with the rules.

The Poll will be up for 10 days (give or take) and I will close it and consolidate the results on 18th May.

Each member will have 3 votes in the Poll

The winning contender will be the next GB run in 2015 (probably kicking off in late May), runner up will come next and the 3rd placed contender will be the final GB of 2015. At that stage I will also get in touch with the possible Mods and brief them on their duties if they are still ok with it.

Now most of the proposals are straightforward and mean what they say on the tin, some are not quite so. Therefore to help you decide here are some more detailed explanations of those.

Civilinise it/Militarise it GB - Take a civilian subject and put it military service or take a military subject and put it in civilian service.

Primary Colour GB - Proposed as Yellow. All builds to be finished in a single primary colour.

Vice Versa GB - Take a jet aircraft and make it prop powered ; prop to jet ; normal aircraft to helicopter ; helicopter to normal ; sailing ship to engine ; engine ship to sailing ship etc

Bad idea GB - It seemed like a good idea at the time ? Turret fighters for instance ? What started off as a sensible suggestion but ended up as a complete waste of time or maybe started off daft and got dafter

Spirit of 67 GB - Hippy'ise anything you want

Model your surname GB - Build something in the colours of a country that starts with your surname but which is not associated with that country in real life. Plus the name of model must also start with a letter in your surname. EG my surname is Edwards so I could build a Spitfire (S being the last letter)

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Weaver

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 07, 2015, 07:17:41 AM
Model your surname GB - Build something in the colours of a country that starts with your surname but which is not associated with that country in real life. Plus the name of model must also start with a letter in your surname. EG my surname is Edwards so I could build a Spitfire (S being the last letter)

Just to clarify slightly, it's the name of the country that must start with the first letter of your surname, not the name of the colour, and the first letter of the vehicle name must appear in your name.

For example: My surname is Smith, so my build must be in the colours of a country whose name begins with "S" (e.g. Siam, Singapore, South Africa etc..) and the name of the vehicle must begin with either S,M,I,T or H (so for example, it could be a Spitfire, a Marder, an Ikara Leander, a Thor or a Halberstadt).
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

sandiego89

Voted  :thumbsup:

Thank you for putting this up to vote- so many good choices
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Dizzyfugu

Voted, too. Thank you very much for taking care and channeling the crowd!  :thumbsup:

loupgarou

Voted. And thanks for the work done organizing everything.
many interesting GB options! And maybe this year I'll manage to complete some builds started for the GB of 2 years ago... :rolleyes:
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

zenrat

Arrrrgh, too many good choices.  I may have to set up a number of false name accounts so I can follow Robert Mugabe's advice and vote often...

No ;D, i'm serious.

Don't vote for what YOU want to build because you can do that anyway.  Vote for what you want to see OTHERS building.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Radish

When I saw "The Spirit of '67" I thought it might refer to 1867, but then remembered that the British Expedition/Invasion of Mars was 1889.

1867 was when General Custer whopped The Sioux, etc., at The Little Big Horn, using "time warped" M60 Pattons and AH-1 Cobras.  :blink: :blink:

As for '67 and making it "hippy, man"...I dig the groove, baby, and can feel the vibes. Some say I've never really left those Happy Days of '67....hey man, I went to Denmark and Sweden that summer..... :party: :party:
Once you've visited the land of the Loonies, a return is never far away.....

Still His (or Her) Majesty, Queen Caroline of the Midlands, Resident Drag Queen

NARSES2

Well I've just sacked my pollsters, they got it completely wrong  :wacko: :rolleyes:

That's a little jokette for the Brits  ;D Seriously we have 3 starting to take a lead and a couple establishing themselves in the chasing places. And if asked to bet when I set the poll up I would only have got one of them in any of those positions  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Hey no fair the vote is hallway done and I had no time to prepare my speeches etc !

:thumbsup:

Lots of cool choices. I kept mine simple with stuff I have available and could easily get into.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Glenn Gilbertson

Voted - thanks for organising the poll. :thumbsup:

PR19_Kit

Pretty darn close at the top!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Old Wombat

Well, my selections are in the peloton, not the break-away. :-\
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

JasonW

Quote from: NARSES2 on May 09, 2015, 05:46:47 AM
Well I've just sacked my pollsters, they got it completely wrong  :wacko: :rolleyes:

That's a little jokette for the Brits  ;D Seriously we have 3 starting to take a lead and a couple establishing themselves in the chasing places. And if asked to bet when I set the poll up I would only have got one of them in any of those positions  :blink:
Those responsible for the sacking have been sacked.

I voted as well. Thanks for getting this organized. Oddly enough, two of the three in the lead were on my list. Unfortunately looks like my third, the Africarama is not doing so well.
It takes only one drink to get me drunk. The trouble is, I can't remember if it's the thirteenth or the fourteenth.

- George Burns

NARSES2

Quote from: Old Wombat on May 10, 2015, 06:39:05 PM
Well, my selections are in the peloton, not the break-away. :-\

Yup but look how often the break away is gobbled up over the last few miles  ;D

NARSES2

Booger it - got a tie at the moment and I've not thought how to deal with that  :banghead: :banghead:

If it stays that way I might just say they go 1 and 2 in alphabetical order  :blink: