Airfix Kitstarter

Started by Mossie, May 29, 2015, 06:51:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

The Bentley would be a nice addition !

I have the hovercraft in the stash...one of these days !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

Latest ones added, Beagle Basset (decals for Queen's Flight) and DHC Beaver (British Army and US Army floatplane), £15 each.
http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/kitstarter
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

I'd like to see that Beaver but not for that price....the HC one is still floating around.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

You know, I saw the Civil Aircraft Collection, Beaver, Trimotor and Heron, for cheaper than that a while back.  Why didn't I buy it??? :banghead:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

PR19_Kit

£15 for a Basset?  :o

And that's without the classic box as well, but does include the shipping. Hmmmmm.......
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Weaver

The Basset is tempting, but £15 is a lot for it and it doesn't sound like much restoration has been done. Hmm indeed...

EDIT: Sorry, just read it properly and the £15 does include the £4.98 postage as Kit pointed out. That makes it reasonable.
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

KiwiZac

The postage is something that puts me off Kitstarter, for some reason I seem to remember that $4.98 is UK-only?
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

NARSES2

As far as I know the quoted posted is UK only
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

KiwiZac

Yeah...that's unfortunate, especially as all the talk about the two bird kits got me all excited to try one or two. I'll keep watching!

Also interesting to see how quickly the Basset got to 31% backed (and the Beaver to 19%) but it does make me wonder if any of them will ever reach 100%...I get the feeling all those on the Airfix Forum clamouring for both of those have already ordered...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Gondor

When I get back into work I will be pre-ordering both kits as I missed them when they were released earlier, maybe even two or three of the Otter as there are options I can think of for one or two.

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Army of One

I would have loved them to do the 1/48 Buccaneer......but apparently there is a problem with the moulds...... :angry:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

Weaver

The Basset has reached it's threshold for limited production. You now have 14 days to place a last-ditch order:

http://www.airfix.com/uk-en/news/first-airfix-kitstarter-model-to-go-into-production/
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

lenny100

got one on order now.Am i right that its the first kickstarter to get to the production  level?
Me, I'm dishonest, and you can always trust a dishonest man to be dishonest.
Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to watch out for!!!

PR19_Kit

Ooooh, great choice! That was my fave of all of them too.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

PR19_Kit

Hm, how do you order more than one of them, or is that not possible under the KitStarter system?  :unsure:

[Later] Sorted it, but you need Sherlock's deductive reasoning to figure it out.....

Regards
Kit