B-36 Crop duster- Finished *image reload last page*

Started by sandiego89, June 01, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

Brings home the sheer size of it.  Like the Seahawk next to it, got a couple of them , might even do one for this GB.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

The Chaos

WOW looks a very big bird.

Sticky Fingers

I don't even have space enough to store the box, let alone that!
Wonderful how the bombay turned out.  :thumbsup:

Captain Canada

Wow ! Love the look of that aeroplane. Is that a die cast Harrier I see on her back behind it ?

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Thank you all for the kind words, it really is huge, but is a great kit so far.   

Quote from: Mossie on June 06, 2015, 11:53:42 AM
Like the Seahawk next to it, got a couple of them , might even do one for this GB.

Yeah, she is an old Seahawk- much in need of a redo- the Seahawk seems way under WHIFed on here...

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 06, 2015, 01:13:07 PM
Wow ! Love the look of that aeroplane. Is that a die cast Harrier I see on her back behind it ?

Leave it Captain to spot a Harrier, yes "toy" diecast Harrier, a Gr1 with tricycle gear in a dubious Royal Navy markings. Bought it for my son years ago, but ended up on my bench somehow.....guess Dad needs something to make swooshing sounds with once in a while.    ;D

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Captain Canada

Looks like the old Matchbox one ? I've got one in US marines markings camo and orange very cool !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 09, 2015, 02:33:51 PM
Looks like the old Matchbox one ? I've got one in US marines markings camo and orange very cool !

:wub:

Yes, matchbox, think she must have been released in many paint schemes- We have the USMC camo/orange bird as well. 

Sadly no work on the B-36 until this weekend- in Philadelphia for work this week, but got to drive by the US Navy inactive ship facility, and the forlorn SS United States- always good for Whif inspiration....
Dave "Sandiego89"

Captain Canada

Hmmm....I really need to get over there some day ! Off to google we go....

Looking forward to the next update tho !

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

This is madness. I love every last bit of it.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

sandiego89

Back to the bench.  Interior green air-brushed, Testors "Interior Green".  The Zinc Chromate was a bit too yellow.   

The detail in scale is an excellent reference, with a great section & tips on the 1/72 model, and how to convert the kit to other versions. 

Spotty parts will not be seen

dry fit, fuselage gap will disappear.  

Dave "Sandiego89"

Captain Canada

Looking good....love the pic on the cover of the detail and scale too ! Always seems a shame to do all that interior work to just button it up eh ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 14, 2015, 06:17:04 AM
Looking good....love the pic on the cover of the detail and scale too ! Always seems a shame to do all that interior work to just button it up eh ?

Thanks Captain, the cover bird was for atomic testing- the most colorful B-36 by far.  Indeed, hardly any of the interior will be seen, especially my bomb bay scratching- at least in this build, but want to keep my options open. 

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"

loupgarou

Terrifying !
Am looking forward to see the developments.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

That's a great idea to build it for a later 'repurpose'  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

So are you using the kit undercarriage?
Having finally picked up one of these last week i've just ordered an SAC white metal set.  Just to be on the safe side...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..