B-36 Crop duster- Finished *image reload last page*

Started by sandiego89, June 01, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

The only one that really works is platinum.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

sandiego89

Rolled out into the air for a quick photo.  

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Gondor

That's looking rather large  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

What scale is the car?  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Magnesum Overcast curls - 20 reps with each arm.

Looking good Dave.  I particularly like your NMFs.
Are your wings permanently attached or are you leaving them loose for storage?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

sandiego89

Quote from: zenrat on July 06, 2015, 03:00:43 AM
Magnesum Overcast curls - 20 reps with each arm.

Looking good Dave.  I particularly like your NMFs.
Are your wings permanently attached or are you leaving them loose for storage?

Thanks.  If she turns out OK, she will hang from my garage ceiling, so not a storage issue. If the wings stay put without gaps, I will not glue them for future handling, moves, storage etc. Too early to tell yet if glue will be needed.  Will have to see how she sits on her landing gear.  

-Dave
Dave "Sandiego89"

kitnut617

Quote from: sandiego89 on July 06, 2015, 03:37:14 AM
If the wings stay put without gaps, I will not glue them for future handling, moves, storgae etc. Too early to tell yet if glue will be needed. 
-Dave

Problem I had when I moved house, I solved it by doing this below, I then stored it along with others in a large box a washing machine was shipped in.

If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Captain Canada

She really looks great with the paint on !

And lovely collection of heavies Robert !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 06, 2015, 04:05:18 AM

Problem I had when I moved house, I solved it by doing this below, I then stored it along with others in a large box a washing machine was shipped in.

Wow, impressive jig system.  Now that is a WHIFFER with his priorities correct- "ah never mind the china- but be really carefull with this box" ;D
Dave "Sandiego89"

Old Wombat

Quote from: kitnut617 on July 06, 2015, 04:05:18 AM

The box appears to have been carefully selected to be removalist-proof, too ................................................... It's already upside-down! ;D

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

loupgarou

Beautiful, Dave. I hope it won't fall down on your car when it's complete. BTW, wingspan looks big as the car width.
And congratulations to Kitnut for his storage/remowal system! Very scientific.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

sandiego89

I needed a bigger airfield!  ;D

Was beginning to think about photography for the finished build and realized my normal display bases were way too small- plus I needed a break from my natural metal finish chores.  I think a simple display base makes for better "finished build" photographs. 

48 inch x 48 inch thin birch sheet for the base.  Wanted it thin for easy handling and storage.  $12 US at The Home Depot.

taxiway/runway/apron material is a sheet of "Polywall" designed as a moisture barrier in home projects.  Sheet 4 foot by 8 foot x .060.  Cost $19 US at The Home Depot. Has a very slight bumpy texture too better simulate concrete.   Here is a small section. 

Traced the runway/taxiway configuration with a pencil and cut out with a box cutter utility knife.  With a sharp blade it was no problem.  Re-traced runway lines so I would know where to out adhesive. Removed runway and put Liquid Nail down inside these lines and spread with a putty knife.  Mrs. Sandiego89 helped me carefully re-lay the runway over the Liquid nail. Smoothed out and laid plywood over it to dry.     

Next step, prime and paint the runway areas with a concrete color spray paint.  I cut a few subtle lines for expansion joints.  Will paint a few runway lines, etc.  Railroad grass will cover the rest.  I laid a few different runway widths and parking areas to give me photography options.  With this I hope to have a photography base I can use for years to come, but is light enough to lay on its side against a wall.

1/72 B-36 and 1/72 Lift-Jet Jaguar for scale, and a 1/72 Baroudeur II in the "grass" towards the rear.   

-Dave 

Dave "Sandiego89"

Old Wombat

The B-36 is a beautiful plane - love this build! :bow:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Modelling_Mushi

Its looking really good Dave.

Quote from: sandiego89 on July 12, 2015, 01:09:47 PM

... Mrs. Sandiego89 helped me carefully re-lay the runway over the Liquid nail ...

Mrs Sandiego89 sounds more aligned to your hobby than mine is. If I tried to enlist Mrs Modelling_Mushi's help on this sort of thing you might find her posting a picture of me liquid nailed to the birch sheet.  ;D

Going to be finished in 2021 BEFORE I start any da*!#d new ones - CF-IDS Wolverine; Douglas Mawson; Bubba Wants a Fishin' Rig; NA F-100

Against the Wall - Maton Dreadnought; Fender Telecaster; Epiphone Les Paul Studio