B-36 Crop duster- Finished *image reload last page*

Started by sandiego89, June 01, 2015, 03:44:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 19, 2015, 03:27:55 AM

Airbourne refilling?

Yeah, with the Hughes Spruce Goose as the tanker!  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

KiwiZac

When the DC-3 was used for topdressing they made giant conveyor belts to load them with fertiliser. Some not-great photos of the apparatus here: http://rnzaf.proboards.com/thread/12310/ag-dak-photos?page=3

Quote from: Old Wombat on August 18, 2015, 03:16:40 AMPity they forgot to coat the wings & tail section. :blink:
;D I do actually have a wing! Well...most of it...
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

sandiego89

"Seeded" and weathered the new airfield....48 inches by 48 inches  :o      - 1/72 Belvedere Gunship for scale.  

The girl needs some color....

Replaced the Strategic Air Command "Stars and Bars" with a more suitable color.  

Will be adding some more trim color.  Then on to the spray bars.  

Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

zenrat

Despite having one I think i'm just beginning to appreciate the size of this thing.
If there was a B-36 SIG, at a show they'd need most of the tables...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

I've seen 3 on a normal sized show table before, most of the other exhibits were placed around their wings, plenty of room  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

There was one on a stand at the MK show and it had a Sabre standing ON one of its wings!  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

The base ( at 4 foot square it's probably got it's own zip ) looks great ! It looks huge...until you put the B-36 on it !

:bow:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sandiego89

Finished!   Nearly killed me.... :thumbsup:

Spray nozzles from 20MM anti aircraft guns- liberated from a 1/700 Sky Wave LST.

Dave "Sandiego89"

Steel Penguin

:blink:  wow that's BIG
but looking well smart an all
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!

Librarian

Truly stunning, a work of great imagination and skill. Love the B-36 and it's a joy to see an alternate vision for her :wub: :thumbsup: :bow:.

sandiego89

Thank you!   a few more photos:

Skyhawk and Sea Fury for scale- all 1/72 scale.  

The DH88 propellor is used as an impeller to supply pump pressure to get the insecticide out to the massive spray bars.

Near the end of the build, the nose wheels sat about a half inch off the ground.  I dare not cut the main strut on the man gear, but I cut off the front boggie (2 front tires, their axle and support strut) of each main gear so the aircraft sat on the rear tires and the nose gear came down.  Re-glued the front wheels on the mains a tad higher.  

Dave "Sandiego89"

Gondor

I think you have just created the worlds biggest Biplane  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Cobra

Awesome :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: This is a Masterpiece You Built! You did a Superb Job :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

The Big Gimper

Gen Lemay is rolling over in his grave right now.  :rolleyes:

BTW can I ask for an take-out order of In-N-Out Burgers? Haven't had one in two years.
Work In Progress ::

Lots of stuff