H-21 And Now for Something Completely Different

Started by Ed S, June 01, 2015, 06:48:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed S

I have a 1/72 Italeri H-21 for this GB. My plan is to make a flying "Oscar Mayer Wienermobile".

Here is the obligatory start photo.

And as a reminder, here is a pic of the real world "Wienermobile".

Needless to say, I have some engineering and design work ahead of me.

Ed
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

philp

Ed,
I am loving the idea.

Are you planning just a fuselage repaint or are you going to modify it to look more like a, uh, a, erm, weiner?
Phil Peterson

Vote for the Whiffies

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Ed S

Quote from: philp on June 01, 2015, 07:19:54 PM
Ed,
I am loving the idea.

Are you planning just a fuselage repaint or are you going to modify it to look more like a, uh, a, erm, weiner?

Maybe a little modification to the rear fuselage to round it off more. And of course add the "bun" as well.
We don't just embrace insanity here.  We feel it up, french kiss it and then buy it a drink.

Mossie

I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Weaver

That's freakin' genius...  ;D ;D ;D

Maybe the bun could be a pair of inflatable shapes on the sides?
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

KiwiZac

As soon as the bun was mentioned I thought of floats. What a ludicrous idea for a model. I love it!
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

The Chaos

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Ed S

Finally getting back to this. Of course, I'm not complaining about 10 days at the beach, even if I didn't get much modeling done.

Figured out the "bun" and have the basic structure completed. Will add putty this evening for final shape. It did take some fiddling to fit it around the landing gear. Found a couple old external tanks in the odd parts box. They are the basic shape with styrene sheet added.

Ed

KiwiZac

I said it elsewhere, I'll say it again here: you got nice buns, Ed.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

PR19_Kit

I hope it's going to be orange and yellow.  ;D
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?