Hunting Percival P.26 Commuter (Martin B-26B Marauder) Aer Lingus, 1956 at p.8

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 02, 2015, 02:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Nice ! Love the odd couple...the red beard is a nice touch as well ! She is looking so good in her new role....great stuff !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Dizzyfugu

Thanks a lot!  :cheers: Turned out better than expected, both in style and in execution.

My biggest concern had been the different waterline, defined by the nose, tail and the window row: The Fokker 27 has a much lower nose, so that the cheatline has a "Z" shape. I tried to anticipate this through a straight waterline between the green and metal, and it worked well. Length was fine, I even had to cut away 1" of the cheatline. Mods were minimal, I just had to reverse the front end of the cheatline.

Even all of the decals' rest found a decent place - I am not 100% happy with the Aer Lingus typo under the cockpit, but there was no other decent place for it. Anyway, overall the CB-26 looks very good, if not elegant.

In a further wake of creativity I added black anti-icing leading edges and some grey walkways on the wings. The CB-26 looks even better with them!

Props will receive further treatment, the wheels have already been painted, an overall coat of gloss acyrlic varnish is soon to come and the boarding ladder has to be mounted when the wheels are fitted - for the right angle, and I want to add some rails for safe entry of the passengers.  ;D

zenrat

Look at that, I don't check in for a day and it's finished...

She's looking very smart Dizz.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

;D.

"Noone expects the Spanish inquisition..."

BTW, I am a bit nervous concerning the windows which are still covered by decals.  :-\ I will tackle this today - probably just use a (sharply) pointed pencil and punch the open.

Dizzyfugu

Now with de-icing leading edges and walkways - I have become a big fan of generic decal sheet, it's a versatile stuff that can make life much easier (than masking and painting). Here was a perfect coccasion:

"De/Militarize It" Group Build at whatifmodelers.com: a Martin Marauder Commuter (WiP) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

The same goes for the props: I tried to copy the style of Fokker 27 propellers - O.K., these are/were turboprop blades, but I wanted a post WWII look:

"De/Militarize It" Group Build at whatifmodelers.com: a Martin Marauder Commuter (WiP) by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

And, finally: mission accomplished, the opening and cleaning of the window row under the decal cheatline worked fine!  :lol:

Logan Hartke

KiwiZac

Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

Dizzyfugu

Thank you very much. Today I'll do final touches (e. g. touch-ups at the windows, some black in the exhausts, maybe some light soot stains), mask the canopy, and then she'll be ready for varnish.  ;D

Old Wombat

It's a slick looking plane wearing civvies, is the B-26.

From Marauder to Executive, just by changing clothes.

Liking this build, Dizzy! :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: zenrat on June 18, 2015, 02:50:25 AM
A civilian B-26 is exactly the sort of plane Han Solo would fly.

...and he'd probably not have removed all the cannon pods. ;)

Did varnish woerk yesterday, with mixed results. Used acrylic varnish from the rattle can, and it came out with a rather low viscosity - age, maybe. No bigger accidents, but the finish is not as clean as I wanted.  :-\

Captain Canada

Really coming along now....love the way the windows turned out, as well as the accentuating props !

Nice civy pic also...they really do look nice 'cleaned up' !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Scooterman

I just keep shaking my head and saying MAN THAT IS SHARP!!!!!!

Most excellent, Dizzy.  :bow: