Hunting Percival P.26 Commuter (Martin B-26B Marauder) Aer Lingus, 1956 at p.8

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 02, 2015, 02:57:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mossie

I've got a few civilian crew, from both the Airfix and Revell Rotodynes and the Airfix Fokker Friendship.  If you need them, let me know and I can post them, not sure how long they'll take to get to Germany though.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Dizzyfugu

Thank you very much for the offer - I'll improvise, as usual. I found a sitting modern Preiser soldier, who will receive a head transplant from an ESCI German WWII officer (nice cap: the captain!), as well as an Italeri pilot who will receive mechanic's head with ear protectors. They'll only vaguely be seen behind the cockpit canopy, I think, but I want to emphasize the civil look and feel. ;)

Dizzyfugu

Just for entertainment purposes...  ;D

Knightflyer

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 12, 2015, 04:30:23 AM

I don't know why ....I almost expected that last line above to say 'Powered by Guinness'  ;D
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

From the days when being an Air Stewardess really was a glamour job unlike some of those now who might as well be working in the local burger shop
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Knightflyer

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 12, 2015, 07:28:29 AM

From the days when being an Air Stewardess really was a glamour job unlike some of those now who might as well be working in the local burger shop

Of course, she'd be saying 'Go on, go on ....would you have a cup of tea now'

One thing ...there's something not quite right about the look in her eyes....almost predatory .....Werewolf Air Lingus Air-stewardesses anyone ?!  :o  There's a movie plot to be sure!  :wacko:
Oh to be whiffing again :-(

NARSES2

I'm just amazed at how smooth you can get that putty. I could sand for a week and never get it anywhere near that standard  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

nighthunter

"Mind that bus." "What bus?" *SPLAT!*

PR19_Kit

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 13, 2015, 08:16:32 AM
I'm just amazed at how smooth you can get that putty. I could sand for a week and never get it anywhere near that standard  :blink:

That's why I use the stuff too, it's really good.  :thumbsup:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

Quote from: NARSES2 on June 13, 2015, 08:16:32 AM

The charm of the stuff is that it is designed just for this purpose/finish. It is used as final body work stage before you'd put spray filler or primer on a car. And I sand the stuff wet, this also makes a huge difference and for a smoother finish, even with coarser paper grits.

Ah, and I just saw that "the other firm believer" shares my feelings about the Presto filler.  ;D

Ian and Shaun are on board now, and major painting started. Tail is white, wings are bare metal, and I just painted the fuselage top in deep green (Humbrol 3, never expected to use that color on such a huge area!). Looks pretty, and less Fokker-ish than expected.  :lol:

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Dizzyfugu on June 13, 2015, 10:02:13 AM

Ah, and I just saw that "the other firm believer" shares my feelings about the Presto filler.  ;D

Hehehe, dead right there!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

jcf

Spies-Hecker Permacron Fine Putty 7715 and the 3M Acryl putties are pretty much the same thing
as the Presto, primary difference is the use of acrylic* resin rather than nitro-cellulose, and intended
for the same purpose, as glazing and spot putties in paint refinishing. Basically any of the similar
professional products will give similar results.

http://m.products.axaltacs.com/mcat/us/en/sh/product/7715.html?mobile=true

http://3mcollision.com/3m-acryl-marine-putty-white-05095.html#moreInfoDetails

I have both the S-H 7715 (colour similar to the Presto) and the 3-M Acryle-White which is primarily
for marine refinishing jobs - aka the standard white plastic boats that dominate in marinas worldwide.  ;D
Both give excellent results, I lean towards the 3-M, partly for the colour and partly for the fact that the
tube is so bloody big.  :blink:
Both can smoothed after curing, without sanding, by a cotton bud dipped in denatured alcohol aka methylated spirits.
This is especially handy for wing fillet areas etc.

Note that none of these putties are actually fillers and thick coatings of any will shrink when drying
and can also eat the plastic to which they are applied.

*It bears repeating that the word acrylic has nothing to do with water, it is a reference to the
chemistry of the plastic resin.

Now back to the program in progress, and great progress it is.  :thumbsup:  :cheers: