We're watching you... Zi 189 Frogmouth Tilt Fan - Finished pics page 6

Started by zenrat, June 02, 2015, 02:59:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Always something eh ? Hope it works out ok !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Finished.  I will write some more lies and take some photos and then post it up.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

PR19_Kit

Quote from: zenrat on August 24, 2015, 04:01:41 AM
Finished.  I will write some more lies and take some photos and then post it up.

Lies? On here? Surely not..........  ;)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

ericr

Quote from: PR19_Kit on August 24, 2015, 04:04:36 AM

imaginary solutions, essentially

scooter

Quote from: ericr on August 24, 2015, 05:07:34 AM

imaginary solutions, essentially

Or propaganda for the brainwashed masses...
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Captain Canada

LOL you guys are always good for a laugh ! Thanks  :thumbsup:

;D :cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

lancer

Quote from: Mossie on June 02, 2015, 03:59:21 AM
Comrade, a useful tool for enforcing rule CENSORED.  Please accept an extra half spoonful of porridge on behalf of the glorious Republic.

Is this rule 6 that you are talking about???
If you love, love without reservation; If you fight, fight without fear - THAT is the way of the warrior

If you go into battle knowing you will die, then you will live. If you go into battle hoping to live, then you will die

PR19_Kit

Quote from: lancer on August 24, 2015, 12:38:21 PM
Quote from: Mossie on June 02, 2015, 03:59:21 AM
Comrade, a useful tool for enforcing rule CENSORED.  Please accept an extra half spoonful of porridge on behalf of the glorious Republic.

Is this rule 6 that you are talking about???

Don't ever, EVER, mention Rule 6!
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

There is a rule 6 but it is known only to the initiated  :wacko:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

There is more than one rule?

Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Weaver

Excuse me, they're not "lies", they're "Creative Realities". Thank you.

Weaver
Economical with the actualité
"Things need not have happened to be true. Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes, and forgot."
 - Sandman: A Midsummer Night's Dream, by Neil Gaiman

"I dunno, I'm making this up as I go."
 - Indiana Jones

zenrat

Zenrat Industries Zi 189; PDRV Republican Police Western Division Overt Observation Unit, Stawell

The Peoples Democratic Republic of Victoria has three tiers of law enforcement.
The basic everyday police force, the most numerous, and the one most citizens interact with on a day to day basis (for most citizens the only one they ever interact with) is the Victorian State Police.  The VSP handle everyday law enforcement dealing with everything from lost dogs (no cats – they are illegal in the PDRV) to traffic control to murder.  Victorian State Police officers are armed and have uniforms and equipment which would make them recognisable as police to citizens of most civilized countries.  Vehicles and aircraft used tend to be based on civilian models.
The next step up is the Republican Police who are responsible for policing threats to The Republic.  As the 'Repos' are also the ones who decide what constitutes a threat to The Republic this means they pretty much do what they want until told not to.  Republican Police Officers are heavily armed and have uniforms, equipment and tactics that would be familiar to anyone who has had dealings with the French CRS or Soviet Paramilitary Security Forces.

Marked vehicles and aircraft used are mostly military models with the weapons (allegedly) removed.  Unmarked civilian vehicles (the Repos do not use unmarked aircraft) are used for covert surveillance.  Generally high performance station wagons and vans.
The highest level of PDRV law enforcement is the Secret State Police.  Secret in this case referring to its activities – its existence is not denied.  Very few citizens knowingly have anything to do with the Sestapo and those who do are usually loath to discuss the matter.  The Sestapo are the ones who tell the Repos when they have gone too far.  No-one tells the Sestapo.  They will use any vehicles and aircraft they feel the need to.  Whether unmarked civilian or military issue their equipment is notable for its complete lack of any registration, serial or unit numbers.
Conspiracy theory has it that there is a fourth tier of law enforcement – the shadowy organisation known as Extraordinary Action.  The Conspiracists would have it that these are the people who fly the black helicopters, abduct witnesses to government wrongdoing and silence embarrassing public figures.  This is of course rubbish – those tasks are all carried out by the Sestapo.  It will never be publicly admitted but Extraordinary Action does exist within the Sestapo organisation and it's purpose is to create just enough evidence of its existence that attention is drawn away from the truth.
Zi-189 Frogmouth 005 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The Zenrat Industries Zi 189 Frogmouth is a Tilt Fan surveillance platform developed from a cancelled military project to meet the requirements of the PDRV Republican Police.  Capable of both vertical or short take off and landing a crew of two or three is carried depending on the mission.  Forward motion is provided by a pair of turbo charged in-line six cylinder diesel engines each driving a tractor propeller.  Lift is generated by a pair of large diameter ducted fans each powered by a diesel radial engine with stabilising and attitude control provided by a smaller fan mounted in the horizontal tail.  The tail fan being driven by shaft from the right hand propulsion engine.  The main fan ducts can rotate through a total angle of 90° from 10° forward of vertical to 10° below horizontal.  Movement being through hydraulic motors driven from pumps on both engines.  The fan ducts are of a composite construction consisting of a hollow sheet Whiffium Alloy shell given rigidity and lightness by a helium foamed resin core.  The fan blades themselves are also formed of Wiffium Alloy bonded to machined Unobtanium spindle mounts.
Zi-189 Frogmouth 009 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Specific aircraft are equipped according to the type of surveillance they are to carry out.  The example pictured is a daytime overt observation model.  Designed to be seen to be watching, it carries a single rear mounted large format long lensed camera that is operated by the observer.  Covert observation models might have low visibility markings and external remote operated camera packages, night surveillance models might have low light or infra-red vision equipment and when configured for riot control a Frogmouth might carry teargas tanks, pumps and a spraybar system.
Zi-189 Frogmouth 014 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
253 examples were produced for the Repos proving to be a popular (with their operators – not the objects of their attentions) and usefull surveillance tool.  They became a common sight wherever large groups of people were gathered and for a while no major VFL match would take place without a Frogmouth hovering overhead.
Zi-189 Frogmouth 012 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Records and details are not available without official clearance but it is rumoured that the Sestapo had a number of aircraft modified for their specific purposes (there is certainly a batch of 30 serial numbers missing from factory records).  It is suspected that these would have carried such equipment as neural stunners, infra sound generators, effectors, laser blinders and focused auto suggestion oscillators – but nothing can be proven.
Zi-189 Frogmouth 018 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
At the end of their operational life 10 examples were retrofitted with electric engines and updated flight control systems and became part of the Zenrat Industries fleet carrying out "development trials" into radar absorbent coatings and zero visibility paint.  Given that these trials were carried out from airfields close to the PDRVs Northern Border with Greater Eastern Australia one might like to speculate what exactly they might be trialing with an all but silent and invisible aircraft...
Zi-189 Frogmouth 021 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
The model is a Condor FW-189 A1.
Fans & ducts are scratchbuilt from plumbing fittings, styrene stock and parts box bits & pieces.
Lift engines are from an Airfix Ford Trimotor.
Rear undercarriage is built from bits from an Ark Models GAL Hotspur.
Crew is from a Hasegawa US Pilots & Crew set.
Decals are home made.
Zi-189 Frogmouth 025 by Fred Maillardet, on Flickr
Fred

PR19_Kit

To quote an ancient Guiness advert 'I said it's bloody MARVELLOUS!'  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow:

Superb modelling and amazing backstory too.

Has anyone ever built a diesel radial in the RW?

Regards
Kit

zenrat

Thanks Kit.
A quick Goggle of "Diesel Radial Engine" produces results for Packard, Guiberson and Zoche amongst others.
Fred

Captain Canada

Excellent. That turned out way better than I had imagined ! Love the look and shape, and the colour scheme on it. The markings look really good as well, if not scary ! Great story as well. Glad I ( mostly ) uphold the law !

:cheers: :wub: :tornado:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?