NMM pictures

Started by Hobbes, October 17, 2004, 06:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain Canada

Holy smokes, Geoff....where do you keep coming up with these awesome links !?!

Mind you, you'd need to win a lottery to afford some of that stuff, but a 72nd scale Flower would be an awesome sight, all decked out with these aftermarket goodies. Would be a real nice addition to my local Navy Club !

It would also be fun to update a Flower into a modern day Corvette..... :wub:

Any word on where the 350th scale fireflies and sea furys came from ? Or that Karel Doorman kit ? Maybe it's scratchbuilt ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Captain Canada

On second glance, it looks like they're all Fireflies...... :mellow:  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Geoff_B

The Karel Doorman will be 1/400 scale. Its actually a conversion set for the Heller Arromanche kit normally sold with the kit (which are hard to find at the moment). I imagine the airgroup are resin and came with the conversion. Its from a Dutch IPMS group i think as they had them at Telford last year at £80 each.

Cheers

Geoff B B)  

Captain Canada

Thanks for the info.....80 pounds sounds a little steep for me !

I've also heard that groups like WEM and Gold Medal are now refusing to ship to Canada, as our disgruntled Customs 'officers' are holding up everything.....
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

QuoteThe Karel Doorman will be 1/400 scale. Its actually a conversion set for the Heller Arromanche kit normally sold with the kit (which are hard to find at the moment). I imagine the airgroup are resin and came with the conversion. Its from a Dutch IPMS group i think as they had them at Telford last year at £80 each.

Cheers

Geoff B B)
If you still want it, I think it's for sale here, though I'm not entirely sure it's the same kit. The man who produces the conversion set doesn't seem to have his own website (but I did find an e-mail address).  

Hobbes

QuoteOn second glance, it looks like they're all Fireflies...... :mellow:
I checked with my original photos (at higher resolution), can't really see, but I do think there are some Sea Furies on that deck.  

Captain Canada

Cool link Hobbes, thanks !
Too bad there's no English in sight, tho.....I may be persuaded to order a few bits n' bobs !

Cheers !

;)  
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

I'll be happy to translate...

Captain Canada

Okay....those things that look like books, near the bottom of the page. There's the Invinceable very last. It says something that looks like 400 scale...is it a kit ?

TIA

Toadman
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Hobbes

"bouwplaat"  = paper/card model