Vickers Armstrong/Supermarine Type 559`s Older Brother

Started by tc2324, June 04, 2015, 05:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Not sure how it's happening but it keeps getting better and better ! Can't wait to see what happens at the end of play again today  :thumbsup:

Love the new rocket motor as well. Really brings the role to life seeing that.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tc2324

Thanks chaps.  ;D

An `orrible rainy day meant that I could spend a little time on the launch cradle and get it completed.

The Sceptre now has a `perch` to sit on whilst I await the base unit in the shape of a Churchill VII tank.

Ignore the make shift Maverick missile `splint` that`s holding it all aloft. That`s a snagging issue that I need to resolve and come up with something better.

I just need to add a few more stencils to these two builds and they are pretty much all done. Dio base will be next once the weather gets better.

Now that I have my 1950`s/60`s point defence fighter in 1/48 scale, I will need something to `strike` with.............  :wacko:

Separate thread in due course.

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

Wicked. Just love this. I get dibs for nominating it for Whiffy of the year when she's done lol ( by-product of me being sat on my computer at home all day  :thumbsup: )

As for the jack, tube inside of tube. Then you just slide a longer length in to make it down or up. It will look just like a hydraulic ram and you cab make receivers on both ends to hold them in place without glue by using the larger tube. Kinda hard to imagine but super easy.

:thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tc2324

Quote from: Captain Canada on August 31, 2015, 01:44:20 PM
Wicked. Just love this. I get dibs for nominating it for Whiffy of the year when she's done lol ( by-product of me being sat on my computer at home all day  :thumbsup: )

As for the jack, tube inside of tube. Then you just slide a longer length in to make it down or up. It will look just like a hydraulic ram and you cab make receivers on both ends to hold them in place without glue by using the larger tube. Kinda hard to imagine but super easy.

:thumbsup:

Cheers for the advice and I`m glad your liking this.  :thumbsup:

Tiger, Tiger!

overscan

Paul Martell-Mead / Overscan
"What if?" addict

DogfighterZen

Yup, it looks weird but the nose doesn't really bother me much, the rocket pack on top is what i'd do different... but that would be me.
All respect for the work done, the scheme, markings and weapons load are very much to my liking!  :thumbsup::thumbsup:
"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

sandiego89

Absolutely fantastic.

One suggestion (or please ignore) is that the booster line of thrust should go through the center of mass- I read this from a few ZELL articles.  Otherwise a powerful booster mounted parallel and so high would impart a huge nose down force that the control forces would not be able to overcome.  A solution would be to mount the booster at about a 35 degree nose low angle, or smaller boosters alligned above and below.    Again just for thought, rivet counter mode off- cracking bash!  
Dave "Sandiego89"
Chesapeake, Virginia, USA

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Maybe the bottom engine is in full burner and the top one at idle when she rockets off ?

I still like the nose, but people keep pointing it out and now I'm wondering how it would look with a big one like a clean Phantom nose ?

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

tc2324

Cheers guys for the input.  :thumbsup:

Quote from: overscan on August 31, 2015, 04:25:46 PM
Great.. except I hate the nosecone.

Your not the first to mention the nose profile and in some ways I would of preferred something different myself. A number of factors played their part in it`s choice however with the main one being that I just didn`t have anything better suited in the spares box and the EE Lightning nose cone was a perfect fit. I also think it`s in keeping with the period as the radar tech would of been similar in shape and size as well.

Quote from: sandiego89 on August 31, 2015, 04:50:01 PM
Absolutely fantastic.

One suggestion (or please ignore) is that the booster line of thrust should go through the center of mass- I read this from a few ZELL articles.  Otherwise a powerful booster mounted parallel and so high would impart a huge nose down force that the control forces would not be able to overcome.  A solution would be to mount the booster at about a 35 degree nose low angle, or smaller boosters alligned above and below.    Again just for thought, rivet counter mode off- cracking bash!  

Quite right about the dynamics on this, but again it was simply a case of what I had to `play with` from the spares box. Space under the aircraft was also limited as well. Once the base unit has been built and I have a better idea of the gaps involved, I may revisit it and place extra smaller boosters under the aircraft to counter the top one.

Tiger, Tiger!

tc2324

Quote from: Captain Canada on September 01, 2015, 04:33:49 AM
how it would look with a big one like a clean Phantom nose ?

That`s the one nose cone I did have in the spares box Captain.

But when you get a minute and if you have them, try fitting a Phantom nose cone to a Mirage III cockpit section...  ;D

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

LOL ya that makes sense ! I think it's just that with the scheme and markings a Phantom nose would fit right in....well, maybe not 'fit', but you know what I mean  :thumbsup: Besides, I love this thing just the way it is

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

tc2324

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 01, 2015, 06:45:53 AM
Great work on the launch cradle  :thumbsup:

Cheers Chris. All sprue work with a bit of B-29 bomb rack thrown in ........  :thumbsup:

Tiger, Tiger!