Vickers Armstrong/Supermarine Type 559`s Older Brother

Started by tc2324, June 04, 2015, 05:07:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tc2324

I`m now moving nearer to completion with this and hope to get a small dio base built tomorrow.

As you will see in the following pictures, I`ve used a Churchill base and added an RAF roundel and sqn flash which I don`t think would be too out of fashion for the era as many squadrons liked to mark their `property`.

74 `Tiger` Sqn Association Webmaster

Tiger, Tiger!

loupgarou

Terrific idea and build.  :thumbsup:
You'd need also a support vehicle, like a ladder lorry from a fire brigade, in order for the pilot to reach the cockpit.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

NARSES2

The launch vehicle is superb  :thumbsup: Good use for one of the many Churchill's that would have been parked up in fields all over the place.

On our train trips to Newcastle in the 50's/60's there must have been thousands of army surplus vehicles parked on old airfields in the York area. Catterick I suppose ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

PR19_Kit

Catterick's quite a distance from the ECML Chris, it must have been one of the other RAF 'clutch' airfields north of York. Dalton might just be in visual range of the track.

[Later] Tholthorpe is even closer though, that's about 12 miles north of York.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

tc2324

Thank you chaps.

Not much else done with this except that work on the base has now started.

Tiger, Tiger!

Captain Canada

That looks perfect. Love the markings on the tank and the combo looks right, and defo believable.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

Quote from: PR19_Kit on September 06, 2015, 12:20:34 PM
Catterick's quite a distance from the ECML Chris, it must have been one of the other RAF 'clutch' airfields north of York. Dalton might just be in visual range of the track.

Ah right. These were literally the other side of the fence to the track and if memory serves where the train slowed to take on water and those in the know closed the window  ;D

Re the build. I'd assumed the aircraft was a lot bigger, but the Churchill has given me a true idea of it's size and now I understand the concept far better  :thumbsup:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on September 08, 2015, 07:12:42 AM

Ah right. These were literally the other side of the fence to the track and if memory serves where the train slowed to take on water and those in the know closed the window  ;D

Water troughs are not that common.  I'll have to find my  railways map and see if that helps locate the spot
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Rheged on September 08, 2015, 09:27:06 AM
Quote from: NARSES2 on September 08, 2015, 07:12:42 AM

Ah right. These were literally the other side of the fence to the track and if memory serves where the train slowed to take on water and those in the know closed the window  ;D

Water troughs are not that common.  I'll have to find my  railways map and see if that helps locate the spot

These days they're extinct!

Bizarrely at least one class of BR diesel had scoops to collect water from the steam era troughs to top up its train heating boiler, it was the EE Class 40 IIRC.

(Does this take the record for the most extreme thread drift ever?  ;D)
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage

Regards
Kit

tc2324

Thought I`d go collect this thread and fly it back home.....  :lol:

Just waiting for some foliage to arrive and sort out some kind of ladder `thingy` and then I`ll be calling this bit of madness done.

Tiger, Tiger!

FAR148

PR19_Kit

Regards
Kit

zenrat

I seem to say this a lot (sign of a miss-spent youth?) but it's very Anderson.

And I Love it.  Excellent bit of work.
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Captain Canada

Oh yeah....very nice. Love the look of her posed like that. A wee bit of foliage will really add to the dio and give it that 'deployed' look. Great stuff !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?