Walrus swamp skimmer

Started by loupgarou, June 10, 2015, 02:23:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

IIRC at least one 1/25 AMT Trophy Series car kit came with a styrene toy crocodile for the parcel shelf.  They would scale out to something like 6 to 8 feet long in 1/72.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kerick

Don't they take the crocs for the hides? Having that drapped over the wing drying in the sun might work.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

loupgarou

Quote from: kerick on June 21, 2015, 09:00:28 PM
Don't they take the crocs for the hides? Having that drapped over the wing drying in the sun might work.

Good idea, thanks. It should be simple ( I hope  :rolleyes: ) to cut a croc skin from thin plastic.
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Captain Canada

Love the way this looks. It would look good modded like that with a full wing above ! Nice little croc as well  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 22, 2015, 04:27:30 AM
Love the way this looks. It would look good modded like that with a full wing above ! Nice little croc as well  :thumbsup:

Yes, could be another nice project, a sesquiplane, with a small lower and "normal" upper wing, just to confuse JMNs.  ;D
Owing to the current financial difficulties, the light at the end of the tunnel will be turned off until further notice.

Nick

Most good toy shops (including Wonderland Models!) have the Schleich range of toy animals, pretty sure they do crocs and gators.

loupgarou

Quote from: Nick on June 23, 2015, 02:46:14 AM
Most good toy shops (including Wonderland Models!) have the Schleich range of toy animals, pretty sure they do crocs and gators.

Wouldn't those be too big? My poor little Walrus is in 1/72, I need a gator as prey, not one that hunts the Walrus to swallow it.  :o ;D
And I wonder at the face some shopkeeper would make, when I ask for a DEAD croc! ;D

loupgarou

RESURRECTION!  ;D

I re-started my swamp skimmer too, along with other projects.
After more PSR, floats and engine are glued and it's ready for the primer.
YES, the engine is the other way around, but the guys that found the crated Walrus to re-use didn't have a complete instruction manual.  ;D
The float struts have been doubled for more strength in fast water maneuvers.
:banghead: I have used a Corsair radar radome for the engine, and now I find I would need it (complete) for another WIP.  :banghead:

If any mod sees this, the topic could be moved to the project section.

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That's such a neat looking little machine ! Glad it's back on the go ! And I'm sure you can mod up a drop tank or bomb to do what you're after on your next wip  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

loupgarou

Quote from: Captain Canada on May 24, 2017, 06:52:10 AM
That's such a neat looking little machine ! Glad it's back on the go ! And I'm sure you can mod up a drop tank or bomb to do what you're after on your next wip  :thumbsup:

Thanks, Captain!
Using the rear of the butchered radome and some plasticard layers, with some "delicate" filing, now I have an useable radome for another WIP.

loupgarou

Even while occupied with the week GB, other projects went forward.
One is this:
A typical swamp skimmer from the fleet of the "Individualistic  collective of croc poachers".  <_<
Upper side is painted in gloss yellow to be easily found in case of troubles, while the lower parts are in sky and swamp green disruptive camouflage  not to alarm crocodiles while waiting in ambush.
Now it's ready for final details and fittings. The association armourers have found some 20 mm guns left over from ancient Airfix LVT conversions and are debating if it would be better to fit one for self defense against marauding thugs from Zenrat Industries.  ;D

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

NARSES2

Quote from: loupgarou on June 05, 2017, 02:44:37 PM
while the lower parts are in sky and swamp green disruptive camouflage  not to alarm crocodiles while waiting in ambush.

Who's waiting in ambush ? The crocs or the hunters ?  ;)

Some parts of the world I've been in the crocs might well take that on ! Great idea  :thumbsup:

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

loupgarou

Quote from: zenrat on June 06, 2017, 04:00:39 AM
:rolleyes:

I hope you didn't take offense, Fred, but the activities of some of your "Zenrat Industries" builds cause some worry among our pacific croc hunters.  :angel:  ;D