Defeating the carpet monster

Started by Hobbes, June 17, 2015, 11:35:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hobbes

Captain Canada

Nice one !

I just use my shop vac sans bag. Just be sure to empty all the dust and cat hair before you start  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Old Wombat

There is no defeating the Carpet Monster! :blink:

If you deny it the occasional small part, it will take a complete model when you're not looking! :o
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

zenrat

Quote from: Old Wombat on June 17, 2015, 05:23:04 PM
There is no defeating the Carpet Monster! :blink:

If you deny it the occasional small part, it will take a complete model when you're not looking! :o

ROTFLMBFAO

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

scooter

Defeat the Carpet Monster?  Kick him out in the first place.
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I have concrete.  He still gets bits I drop...
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

It's a tough call between concrete/ smooth floor vs. carpet. Parts bounce and become easy prey for the carpet monster, but they may stick to a carpet giving you just enough time to find them before he does.....  :thumbsup:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

It nearly got a 1/76 leaf spring today.  It doesn't help that I painted my concrete a shade of grey very close to the colour of current Airfix styrene.
Fred

Captain Canada

It ate a part of my MG fuel tank yesterday....the bugger.
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Fred

zenrat

Today it ate a 1/76 steering wheel.
I was able to pinch the one from the Godwit beaching jeep to put on the Morris Truck but then of course I had to find one for the jeep.  I couldn't pinch one from one of the 2 Airfix Land Rover kits I have in the stash as a) i'd then need to find one for the kit I pinched it from and b) the Bloodhound Landie doesn't have one anyway (no interior at all).
Have you ever tried scratchbuilding a 1/76 steering wheel?  Not my usual thing at all.
I used a thin slice off the end of some styrene tube and a small length of teeny tiny rectangular strip (took about 4 or 5 goes to get it the right length).
It didn't help when I decided to put on one of those "spin the wheel fast knob thingos" you get on trucks, rollers and old people's cars which was of course REALLY tiny.

Hah!  just remembered.  I have a couple of white metal steering wheels in a 35mm film pot somewhere which came with my boxes of Heyford.  D'oh!  :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
Fred

NARSES2

Now is the Carpet Monster a separate species from that creature which inhabits hard floors or simply a sub-species ? Indeed is it the same creature that adapts to different environments ?

We need Springwatch on the case. Michaela Strachan can stake my modelling room out any day  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

.......and how will staking out Ms Strachan in your modelling room trap the carpet monster?
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

scooter

Quote from: Rheged on June 20, 2015, 01:40:52 PM
.......and how will staking out Ms Strachan in your modelling room trap the carpet monster?

*must pull mind out of gutter...*
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

Steel Penguin

nonononono
Our learned friend said she could stake out his modelling room.

id recommend good hardwood stakes,  and then bury the now dead carpet monster  with several handfuls of rice and its mouth filled with garlic, and plant a dogwood tree over the unmarked  crossroad that you use.  :thumbsup:
the things you learn, give your mind the wings to fly, and the chains to hold yourself steady
take off and nuke the site form orbit, nope, time for the real thing, CAM and gridfire, call special circumstances. 
wow, its like freefalling into the Geofront
Not a member of the Hufflepuff conspiracy!