Morris Truck

Started by zenrat, June 19, 2015, 12:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Felt the urge to do something quick and simple so I started converting the Morris from the Airfix 1/76 Bofors gun set into a commercial van.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Mossie

Looks like a simple one, nice old kit. :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Captain Canada

Cool. Is it going to have doors as well ?
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Yes, if possible it'll have doors.  One of my longer term aims is a largish section of airfield diorama to photograph builds on and it'll need vehicles and figures dotted around it to dress it up.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat

Fred

Captain Canada

Nice. Love those little trucks ! Be nice if they did more modern ones as well.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Mossie

It's looking the part already, nice work so far.

Quote from: Captain Canada on June 20, 2015, 03:11:59 AM
Nice. Love those little trucks ! Be nice if they did more modern ones as well.

Modern-ish, they do the ex-JB Models Bedford MK in GS and fueler versions.  Lovely kit it is too.  It could probably be easily converted into the civvy 2WD TK, with smaller wheels, slightly different front wheel arches and different bodies.  There were (are) plenty of civvy MK's, most of them military surplus.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

zenrat

Did a bit more.  Tidied up the van body and primed everything bar the wheels and some fiddley bits.
Fred

zenrat

Painted all the body parts.
Fred

zenrat

Fred

Captain Canada

Nice. Love the look so far.

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Thanks Cap'n.  Nothing done today as after the builders left I had to take up another large area of patio to allow them to continue  tomorrow.
Fred

Captain Canada

Sounds busy around your place !

:tank:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

NARSES2

I keep thinking of Corporal Jones' van every time I look at this  :blink:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

zenrat

Very busy.  But hopefully once they get settled into building (rather than demolishing) and everything is cleared up and stored then it'll quieten down until it's time for me to paint, stain window frames, build the kitchen, fit out the pantry, lay the floor...
Fred