Morris Truck

Started by zenrat, June 19, 2015, 12:34:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Done nothing to this.  Waiting for a warmer day so I can get some gloss clear on it so I can decal the body.
I should probably be painting the wheels while i'm waiting.

Today the builders discovered that the nails holding my lounge room ceiling up have pulled out of the celling joists.  This means that the only thing supporting it is the cornice...

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

zenrat

Glossed the body and printed the decals.
Still haven't got to painting the wheels.
Fred

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

Captain Canada

One of those chores eh ? Or it feels like such a chore that you keep avoiding it ! Been there....

:blink:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

I'm up for the painting.  It's the cleaning up the flash and the associated dropping one on the floor that I think i'm subconsciously avoiding.

Avoided it again today but instead got on with a '40 Ford gasser i've been working on on & off all year.
Fred

Captain Canada

I always cut down toothpicks and wedge the tires onto them....a little easier to handle.

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

scooter

Quote from: Captain Canada on July 14, 2015, 05:56:31 AM
I always cut down toothpicks and wedge the tires onto them....a little easier to handle.

:cheers:

Barbecue skewers with the tips cut to wedge fit also work too.  Plus there's the added advantage of being able to clamp or place in foam to air dry all sides
The F-106- 26 December 1956 to 8 August 1988
Gone But Not Forgotten

QuoteOh are you from Wales ?? Do you know a fella named Jonah ?? He used to live in whales for a while.
— Groucho Marx

My dA page: Scooternjng

zenrat

I went with cut down tooth picks and the wheels are primed!  Woo hoo!

Fred

zenrat

Yesterday blue hubs and today dark grey tyres.
Also first coat of clear over the decals.
Fred

zenrat

Wheels pretty much painted.  I just need to sort out a driver and it can be assembled.
Fred

Gondor

Every time I see the thread title I think it's about a WWII fighter pilot  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

Rheged

Quote from: Gondor on July 21, 2015, 03:15:58 AM
Every time I see the thread title I think it's about a WWII fighter pilot  :blink:

Gondor

I see what you mean!  I once taught a couple of brothers  AUSTIN HEALEY  and CARLTON HEALEY.    Their sister was christened HARLEY  HEALEY!!!

More to the point, I'm really  looking forward to seeing  the completed Morris truck!
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Well you shouldn't have too long to wait Rheged.
I found a driver i'd already painted who fit right in without any mods and i've glued the bonnet and front part of the cab in place.
I need to make some window glass before I go any further.

Fred

NARSES2

Quote from: Rheged on July 21, 2015, 09:52:50 AM

Gondor

I see what you mean!  I once taught a couple of brothers  AUSTIN HEALEY 

Scrum half by any chance ?
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rheged

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 22, 2015, 07:10:59 AM
Quote from: Rheged on July 21, 2015, 09:52:50 AM

Gondor

I see what you mean!  I once taught a couple of brothers  AUSTIN HEALEY 

Scrum half by any chance ?

Regrettably not!   Dad was a sports car/bike nut, hence Harley the daughter.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

zenrat

Shame he didn't have the taste or imagination to choose a British Bike.
James. Francis (Barnett), Norton, Brough (Superior), Scott, Vincent and Greeves are all boys' names but for a girl you could go for Ariel or Velocette.

Morris Truck (ruckman for Footscray Bulldogs 1937 to 1941) now has 4 out of 6 wheels attached.
Fred