SEE Type 8-FF 'Florian', a Fire-Fighter Labor (Mecha); pics @ p. 5

Started by Dizzyfugu, June 20, 2015, 03:54:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

The basic overall tones for painting the Florian: Revell 330 (= RAL 3000), then Humbrol 132 for shading and some Humbrol 100 for final highlights.

Patlabor +++ 1:60 Fire-fighting Labor (Whif/Brocken conversion) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Filling the collar...

Patlabor +++ 1:60 Fire-fighting Labor (Whif/Brocken conversion) - WiP by dizzyfugu, on Flickr

Lower torso during finishing touches (silicone "trousers" have just been re-painted/touched up with a fresh grey wash coat)

And the hydraulic crusher during dry brushing...

zenrat

Wasn't it Kryten who had a groinal socket into which he would plug various attachments?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

I'm stumped for an answer. I am a bit nerdy, but this is out of my range...  :party:

NARSES2

Quote from: zenrat on July 07, 2015, 04:20:08 AM
Wasn't it Kryten who had a groinal socket into which he would plug various attachments?

Knowing what the writers were capable of it's quite likely  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Gondor

Yes he did although I am not 100% sure what attachments her had. I seem to remember that he had a Hoover attachment and something makes me think that he also had a drinks dispenser  :blink:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

NARSES2

Quote from: Gondor on July 07, 2015, 06:50:41 AM

Yes he did although I am not 100% sure what attachments her had. I seem to remember that he had a Hoover attachment and something makes me think that he also had a drinks dispenser  :blink:

Gondor

Both highly likely given the writers  ;D
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Dizzyfugu

Before things run out of control and theories pop up about who can attach what to whom I'd rather guide attention to the WiP...

The collar, filled and painted:

Left forearm (still without the crusher, though...)

Right forearm:

Other bits and pieces:

And a red leg.

PR19_Kit

I'm  glad YOU have some idea what it's going to look like when it's done Thomas, I'm darned if I have!  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Dizzyfugu

That's the charm of modern mecha kit. Poor vinly recasts of character figures are worse, though: when you open the box you get a bag of "parts" that look like a bunch of molten plastic coffee mugs. You'd never believe that this turns into "something".

Another "kit in the box shock" bears the 1:72 VF-1 Valkyrie in Battroid mode from Hasegawa. On the box, there's an athletic robot - when you take a look at the sprues and parts (none id bigger than a stamp...) you do not get any idea of what this zillion of bits might is intended to become!

The Brocken here is relatively harmless, it just looks so messy because the complete assembly is the truly final step of building it. So far, I have only put the lower and upper torso together for proportions tests - but I haven't seen the whole thing "finished" yet, too.  ;)

Tension stays on a high level!

BTW, applied decals yesterday - some yellow trim all over the mecha. Hopefully I can do final detail touches (sensor boom etc.) today and start light weathering. A coat of varnish will also be necessary on the hard parts, probably semi-gloss.

zenrat

This is looking brilliant Dizz.  Your manifolds look particularly good.
Now, at risk of upsetting you...

Quote from: NARSES2 on July 07, 2015, 07:01:34 AM
Quote from: Gondor on July 07, 2015, 06:50:41 AM

Yes he did although I am not 100% sure what attachments her had. I seem to remember that he had a Hoover attachment and something makes me think that he also had a drinks dispenser  :blink:

Gondor

Both highly likely given the writers  ;D
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Dizzyfugu

Good news, even without pics: yesterday evening saw the "launch" of the Florian!  :party:
For the first time, all body parts were fitted together, successfully! The kit stands upright, can be posed to s certain degree, and the proportions (still) work, despite all the added extras. Looks MASSIVE with the extra shoulder attachments, though, the OOB Brocken looks like Bambi next to it!  ;)
But it works, and final touches can be done, like the (flexible) pipes and plumbings for the water cannons. If things run smoothly the kit will be done this weekend. 

I might add a small display later, since all the Labors I have built so far (six!) have a 8x8" base - maybe just a piece of street surface with rubble and burnt pieces, nothing fancy or worth calling a diorama.

Cobra

You're doing a Top Notch Job,Dizzy :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: i would Nominate You for the Rank of MMW1! Like that you're Doing a Fire Fighter Labor, i Dad Used to be a Fire Fighter, So This is Too Cool, IMHO! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

Mossie

I do like the manifold arrangement on the back, definitely looks the part of a walking fire engine.
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.