Alternate battleship New Jersey, BB-62

Started by Joe C-P, June 21, 2015, 12:35:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Joe C-P

A rebuild of a wreck into a what-if - the new New Jersey BB-62 armed in the same arrangement the older BB-16.

She has 6x16" in two triples, with a triple 8" above each 16", plus a triple 8" port and starboard amidships, in the way of BB-16. Also torpedo tubes, though I know such would be of lesser use for a battleship in the WW2 era. The remaining is twin 5"/38s, 40mm, 20mm. No aircraft.

I think I went a little dark on the paint color.  :roll eyes:

JoeP
In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.

kerick

" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Cobra

Very Cool :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Have You been playing "Naval Ops Warship Gunner"? this looks Almost like something from that Game! Keep up the Superb Work :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: Dan

NARSES2

Quote from: JoeP on June 21, 2015, 12:35:14 PM
I think I went a little dark on the paint color.  :roll eyes:

JoeP

Special finish for night actions ?  ;D

Nice one Jo
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

That's a neat arrangement. Looks sinister in that dark paint !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

zenrat

Paint job for deployment in the Black Sea?

I'll get me coat...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

DogfighterZen

"Sticks and stones may break some bones but a 3.57's gonna blow your damn head off!!"

Rheged

A neat piece of work!   The ammunition feeds to the superimposed 6" guns must be an "interesting" design.
"If you can keep your head when all about you
Are losing theirs and blaming it on you....."
It  means that you read  the instruction sheet

Joe C-P

The paint is based on the real BB-62, which did sport a dark blue overall paint job during much of her service in WW2, so that she was nicknamed the Black Dragon.
However, I think I'll rework it with some haze gray one of these days soon, once I finish a couple real-world builds I've nearly done.

In want of hobby space!  The kitchen table is never stable.  Still managing to get some building done.