What A Mess!

Started by Go4fun, June 24, 2015, 12:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Go4fun

I am packing up to move to a remodeled abode and I got most of the completed models packed then started on the spare parts. I bought two smaller tubs for this and one of these is filling up more rapidly than expected. The parts on the trees are one thing but the ones floating around loose are another and then you have all the non-model parts that seem like something that can be Whiifed into a great model.
It's amazing how much crap you can build up in a one bedroom apartment! We have a place call Gods Store House that unlike other 'Charitable" places does not sell your donations but actually passes them on to people who can really use them. They see me coming now and roll out a big cart as I have donated old toys, (My son's), clothing, dishes and silverware I've never used, (One person doesn't need eight sets of plates, bread plates and cups) and other household goods.
So it's going to be hit or miss on when I get all my computer and landline and stuff back up and running.
I'll probably be missed like a sore tooth here. :lol:
"Just which planet are you from again"?

kitnut617

Luck with your move Go4fun
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

kerick

You never know how much stuff you have until you have to move!

This is what you do...
Put all the stuff you use everyday into one pile. Put all the stuff you use once and a while into another pile. Put the stuff you never use into a third pile and throw the last two piles away.

Do this again when you unpack at the new place.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Rick Lowe

Quote from: kerick on June 24, 2015, 07:22:38 PM
You never know how much stuff you have until you have to move!

This is what you do...
Put all the stuff you use everyday into one pile. Put all the stuff you use once and a while into another pile. Put the stuff you never use into a third pile and throw the last two piles away.

Do this again when you unpack at the new place.

And when the chuck-out piles include kits, please remember the Poor and Starvin' Waifs on this site... :rolleyes: :lol:

zenrat

What about the stuff that might come in useful?
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

major

Quote from: zenrat on June 25, 2015, 02:34:16 AM

I've a 40ft container at the end of the garden for that kinda stuff! :banghead:

kitnut617

Quote from: major on June 25, 2015, 03:56:15 AM

I've a 20ft Sea-Can too --

Captain Canada

Best of luck with the move !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Gondor

I don't have a garden, just as well as I don't like gardening  :thumbsup:

Gondor
My Ability to Imagine is only exceeded by my Imagined Abilities

Gondor's Modelling Rule Number Three: Everything will fit perfectly untill you apply glue...

I know it's in a book I have around here somewhere....

PR19_Kit

Only one???  :o
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

major

[/quote]

Aye! Only the one! ;D
Although, was tempted to get another, as its stuffed to the gills with bike parts.
Was given a firm NO, from the boss of our house!
She didn't like the shade of 'grey' and the big 'COSCO' logo on the side, so it was painted a subtle shade of green last weekend, to 'blend in' to the background.
Unfortunately, the green oxide wasn't quite as subtle as she'd hoped. :rolleyes: 

kerick

Quote from: major on June 25, 2015, 04:20:48 PM

Aye! Only the one! ;D
Although, was tempted to get another, as its stuffed to the gills with bike parts.
She didn't like the shade of 'grey' and the big 'COSCO' logo on the side, so it was painted a subtle shade of green last weekend, to 'blend in' to the background.
Unfortunately, the green oxide wasn't quite as subtle as she'd hoped. :rolleyes: 

[/quote]

Get some black and brown and paint it NATO camo!
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

zenrat

Friend of mine lives on a hill and dug an 80' into the hillside.  He put all his good furniture in it while he built the house.
Mice ate all the upholstery...
Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

Quote from: kerick on June 25, 2015, 05:11:33 PM
Quote from: major on June 25, 2015, 04:20:48 PM

Only one???  :o

Aye! Only the one! ;D

Get some black and brown and paint it NATO camo!

Get someone to paint a mural on it ---  ;D

NARSES2

My niece uses a shipping container as the extension to her shop. She does "horsey things" and runs the stables on the farm. They spruce up surprisingly well and with lighting looks good. It was dead cheap as I think it quite literally fell of the back of a lorry  :rolleyes:
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.