What A Mess!

Started by Go4fun, June 24, 2015, 12:37:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zenrat

Given they are designed to be stacked many high shipping containers are seriously over engineered for use as a simple storage box.
When I worked at the poo farm we had one we inherited from the gun club.  It had some serious crumpling around the top showing they hadn't been too carefull when stacking on top of it.
It also had a false wall inside behind which I hid the stuff I didn't have Safety Data Sheets for.

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

kitnut617

The company I worked for some years ago had a project where we converted Sea-Cans into portable workshops for the energy industry, all completely insulated and air-conditioned.  

Recently there was an article on the local TV News about some outfit making expandable habitats out of the de-commissioned ones

http://globalnews.ca/news/1972629/alberta-business-turns-seacans-into-affordable-stackable-homes/

I had always said that they could be used as temporary homes for disaster survivors until something better could be built.

Here's one in London

http://www.jocazz.com/14130/img/sea-container-house-contemporary-with-new-developments-sea-containers-house-20-upper-ground-london/
If I'm not building models, I'm out riding my dirtbike

Go4fun

What I look like the day before the move.
"Just which planet are you from again"?

McColm

Good luck with your move.

Go4fun

Got moved, then started sorting. Seems I either gave away or trashed some things I didn't mean to. Thank goodness nothing modeling related! STILL getting things sorted out. For some reason my sister thinks that pantry off the kitchen is for storing food and not modeling supplies. Is she deranged?
"Just which planet are you from again"?

PR19_Kit

Quote from: Go4fun on August 30, 2015, 12:53:59 PM
For some reason my sister thinks that pantry off the kitchen is for storing food and not modeling supplies. Is she deranged?

Her priorities need re-aligning obviously.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit