Looking for 1/72 WW1 Lozenge transfers

Started by Rick Lowe, June 24, 2015, 09:32:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rick Lowe

Hi, all

As it says in the title, I'm after a set of markings that include the Lozenge covering.
(Ideally, I'd also like markings for a Fokker D.VII from Jasta 15)

I have been advised that the Roden stuff will splinter if I don't use some sort of coating, so I was wondering if there is a better option from someone else, and if so, who?
Is anything available separately, or will I have to get a kit with it in?

Masking each colour is NOT an option (yeah, I know - no sense of adventure... :rolleyes: :lol:)

Thanks in Anticipation

PR19_Kit

Colin Freightdog still had some of the Pegasus lozenge stuff until very recently. It may be worth an email to see if there's any left.

IIRC Xtradecal did some too, but I've never seen any with my own eyes, as yet.
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

NARSES2

Right. There are quite a few manufacturer's of Lozenge Camouflage transfers. All depends on what scale you are building in and the style of Lozenge you want ? There were quite a few styles/colours.  I don't know of any after market sets that give you lozenge and the individual aircraft markings, but there probably are some.

I've got some of the Pegasus ones and they work fine  :thumbsup: As for Roden ? I've had success with them after I've coated them in Klear preparatory from dipping in water.

Here's a link to what Hannants stock http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/index.php?keyword_search=Lozenge&setPerPage=25&product_type_id=all_decals&search_direction=asc&save_search=1&pageID=1
Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Rick Lowe

Thanks all, for the help.

I've dropped Colin a line, so we'll see what happens.

Cheers

Bungle

I have a couple of the Almark 5 Colour Lozenge sheets. 1 sheet of purple/green upper surface and 1 ochre/green lower. Four strips on each sheet 6" x 1.5". Yours if you want them.
"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Rick Lowe

Thank You, Sir!

I will take you up on that; PM inbound.

Cheers

Rick

Bungle

"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five." - Julius Henry Marx (Groucho)

Rick Lowe

Rick Lowe

Transfers arrived yesterday, Thursday.

Thanks once again, Bungle, big help and much appreciated.

Cheers