1/32 EC-135 Gunship

Started by sykotik, June 27, 2015, 05:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dizzyfugu

I was rather excited by the 1:32 scale of the Boeing...  ;D

sykotik

hahahaha - I'd need my own warehouse for a 32nd Boeing!

Logan Hartke

Put a nice little ion cannon in the nose and you'd have a gunship that could take on a Star Destroyer.

Cheers,

Logan

JayBee

Wingspan 4ft 3inches (1.29M)
Length 4ft 1inch (1.24M)

OUCH!

That is going to take a LOT of storage space.  :rolleyes:
Alle kunst ist umsunst wenn ein engel auf das zundloch brunzt!!

Sic biscuitus disintegratum!

Cats are not real. 
They are just physical manifestations of collisions between enigma & conundrum particles.

Any aircraft can be improved by giving it a SHARKMOUTH!

PR19_Kit

Quote from: JayBee on June 30, 2015, 08:57:24 AM
Wingspan 4ft 3inches (1.29M)
Length 4ft 1inch (1.24M)

OUCH!

That is going to take a LOT of storage space.  :rolleyes:

Yes, but you could store a lot of your other models inside it..........  ;D :lol:
Kit's Rule 1 ) Any aircraft can be improved by fitting longer wings, and/or a longer fuselage
Kit's Rule 2) The backstory can always be changed to suit the model

...and I'm not a closeted 'Take That' fan, I'm a REAL fan! :)

Regards
Kit

Captain Canada

CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Long Live the Commonwealth !!!
Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sykotik

Greetings everyone

Life ponders on and so does this build. It's getting near the finish line now. The paint's on and I've started to weather it to look like a used bird - not a hangar queen. I'm using African Dust and I'm not entirely sure I like it. I may yet spray over it
I"m about to mask off the black window surrounds and have that all nice neat and tidy, then I'll find some decals to add to it, put the weapons on it and she's done
I'm quite happy with how it looks right now - much more menacing than the 635 that was pictured on display The pics below are before the pigments went on - sorry, camera ran out of battery

Well, that's it for now. Next post should be the finished item

Thanks for looking

MH

Old Wombat

Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

Captain Canada

Very nice. The paint so far makes it look like the real thing !

:cheers:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

sykotik

Well, I'm calling this one done (well, pending a couple of paint touch ups but they are minor). This has not been the easiest kit to put together - bad fit issues a plenty here. The main rotor section is just a PITA to put together and would be well suited to someone who builds helo's on a regular basis and know what they're doing. I am just not one of those people.....

It looks more or less how I imagined it would. The post shading I did has blended in more with the semi-gloss clear coat and is not so noticeable, which in my opinion is more real than glaringly obvious shading (one thing that is beginning to irk me somewhat lately are over shaded panels - they just do not look like that in real life and if they do, the paint work on a model needs to be kept in scale - not that I am perfect in that area mind you)

Well, tell me what you think - good or bad - I don't mind :)

Well, that's it for this one. I have made a start on my next project - the 1/32 Trumpeter SU-27! I was thinking of posting a WIP of this but I think there are enough Flanker builds going on so not sure I will.

Anyway, as always, thanks for stopping by an having a look

See you soon

MH

kerick

Excellent work! Love the idea of the EC-135 as a gunship.
" Somewhere, between half true, and completely crazy, is a rainbow of nice colours "
Tophe the Wise

Old Wombat

It certainly looks the part. :thumbsup:
Has a life outside of What-If & wishes it would stop interfering!

"The purpose of all War is Peace" - St. Augustine

veritas ad mortus veritas est

NARSES2

Do not condemn the judgement of another because it differs from your own. You may both be wrong.

Captain Canada

Very nice. I really like the extras you've put on this one. It sure does look the part. Looks like a SOC bird to me !

:wub:
CANADA KICKS arse !!!!

Vive les Canadiens !
Where's my beer ?

Sticky Fingers