1/32 EC-135 Gunship

Started by sykotik, June 27, 2015, 05:48:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sykotik

thanks everyone for your appreciation - means a lot :)
I've started a new project but it's real world, so not really in keeping with the theme of this forum (1/32 SU-27)
However, I do have a 1/72 T-50 in the que which will be a WHIF, so I'll post something on that when I get to it  :cheers:
Si

Vorcha

looks dangerous... very impressive work so far  :thumbsup:
paper boy

jsport

Army of One

Oh i love this.......!!!!  :wub:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

zenrat

Fred

- Can't be bothered to do the proper research and get it right.

Another ill conceived, lazily thought out, crudely executed and badly painted piece of half arsed what-if modelling muppetry from zenrat industries.

zenrat industries:  We're everywhere...for your convenience..

Ian the Kiwi Herder

I remember a few weeks ago seeing this on another forum (Britmodeller maybe ??). Looks excellent now, well modelled, sir.

Ian.
"When the Carpet Monster tells you it's full....
....it's time to tidy the workbench"

Confuscious (maybe)

comrade harps

Whatever.

KiwiZac

I love it! Beautiful job with the finish and windscreen, and I like the armaments. Very plausible and it looks like a potent machine.

Quote from: sykotik on July 08, 2015, 09:07:23 PMwhich in my opinion is more real than glaringly obvious shading (one thing that is beginning to irk me somewhat lately are over shaded panels - they just do not look like that in real life and if they do, the paint work on a model needs to be kept in scale
A-freaking-men, brother! It takes every ounce of my willpower to be polite about a model that is outstanding until the pre-shading begins. So many times on a forum I've enjoyed someone's build only to see the panel lines be overemphasised and I actually lose interest in an otherwise very nice build. Ditto excessive "sun bleaching" on USN WW2 machines.
Zac in NZ
#avgeek, modelbuilder, photographer, writer. Callsign: "HANDBAG"
https://linktr.ee/zacyates

sykotik

thanks guys

Ian, your quite right, I did have it on BM as well :)
Zac, I don't mind sun bleaching as it did happen a lot because the paints used back then weren't fantastic. Still, I have seen some overdone examples - but then I figure it's each to their own. What ever makes you happy! :thumbsup:

Mossie

Great work, the black works a lot better than I would have imagined. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
I don't think it's nice, you laughin'. You see, my mule don't like people laughin'. He gets the crazy idea you're laughin' at him. Now if you apologize, like I know you're going to, I might convince him that you really didn't mean it.

Army of One

I may have missed it but.......whose are the rocket pods.....?  Take they are resin aftermarket.....?
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!

sykotik

Quote from: Army of One on July 22, 2015, 02:02:07 AM
I may have missed it but.......whose are the rocket pods.....?  Take they are resin aftermarket.....?

Both the pods and the GAU-19s are from Black Ops Models:

http://blackopsmodels.com/products/black-ops-1-35-m261-rocket-pod-with-70-assorted-warheads

http://blackopsmodels.com/products/black-ops-1-35-gau-19-gun

They are very good quality and very well priced (at least, I thought so). The Barrels of the GAU's are a real PITA to put on straight though

Army of One

Many thanks for the quick reply......... :thumbsup:
BODY,BODY....HEAD..!!!!

IF YER HIT, YER DEAD!!!!